About the Survey
The recent survey by the Center for Digital Education and Converge Online took a number of factors into consideration as they were determining the top community colleges for technology usage, including:
- Integration of technology into campus life and course curriculum
- Documentation of online admissions processes
- Sufficient technology training for both faculty members and students
- Efficient use of Web 2.0 social functions
- Ability to accommodate distance education
- Ample online services for students, including tutoring and advising services
- Ability to utilize campus security alerts through technology
Jefferson State Community College Makes Top 10 for the Second Time
Another school to make the distinction of the top 10 list is Jefferson State Community College. JSCC has been in this spot once before, getting a ranking in the Center for Digital Education survey in the large-school category in a previous survey. Jefferson State is committed to providing the best technology available for students, faculty, and staff of the school, according to a report in the Shelby County Reporter.
“We are extremely proud of this recognition and our efforts to enhance student success through technology,” Jefferson State President Judy Merritt told the Reporter.
This TEDx Talk looks at educational technology from the teacher's perspective.