Jefferson State Community College
- Jefferson State Community College, one of Alabama’s leading two-year colleges, has provided excellence in education and workforce training for the greater Birmingham area for almost 40 years. Founded in 1965, Jefferson State offers more than 120 university transfer programs, 20 career programs with multiple options, and numerous certificate programs. Jefferson State also offers a comprehensive approach to workforce training through a variety of credit and non-credit programs.
- Enrollment: 8,526 students
- In-state tuition: $4,320
- Out-state tuition: $7,710
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Jefferson State Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Jefferson campus is located in the northeast section of Birmingham, approximately 10 miles north of I-20/I-59, just off Highway 79 and Carson Road and one mile west of Center Point. The beautiful, wooded 200 acre campus is located in a suburban area. The college is built on one of the highest elevations in Jefferson County. Almost a million people live in the area served by the college. Jefferson State offers a comprehensive approach to customized workforce training through an ACT Center, Training for Business and Industry, GED programs, adult education, remedial education, workforce readiness training, and programs to assist dislocated workers, displaced homemakers and other special populations. Jefferson State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree. Individual academic programs are nationally accredited by 10 different professional evaluating organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jefferson State Community College cost?
Jefferson State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,320 for In-State students and $7,710 for Out-State students.
What schools are Jefferson State Community College often compared to?
Jefferson State Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Lawson State Community College by visitors of our site.
What is Jefferson State Community College's ranking?
Jefferson State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).