Jefferson State Community College
- Jefferson State Community College, one of Alabama’s leading two-year colleges, has provided excellence in education and workforce training for the greater Birmingham area for almost 40 years. Founded in 1965, Jefferson State offers more than 120 university transfer programs, 20 career programs with multiple options, and numerous certificate programs. Jefferson State also offers a comprehensive approach to workforce training through a variety of credit and non-credit programs.
- The teacher population of 244 teachers has declined by 7% over five years.
|Jefferson State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||244 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,516 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,965 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,551 students||752 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.45||0.56|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$29,700|
- The Jefferson campus is located in the northeast section of Birmingham, approximately 10 miles north of I-20/I-59, just off Highway 79 and Carson Road and one mile west of Center Point. The beautiful, wooded 200 acre campus is located in a suburban area. The college is built on one of the highest elevations in Jefferson County. Almost a million people live in the area served by the college.Jefferson State offers a comprehensive approach to customized workforce training through an ACT Center, Training for Business and Industry, GED programs, adult education, remedial education, workforce readiness training, and programs to assist dislocated workers, displaced homemakers and other special populations.Jefferson State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree. Individual academic programs are nationally accredited by 10 different professional evaluating organizations.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,818 students | 14.30 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 309 students | 14.50 Mi280 West Valley Ave
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 3,090 students | 17.30 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
- n/a students | 25.20 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
- 5,343 students | 29.40 Mi801 Main St NW
Hanceville,  AL  35077