- Founded in 1970, Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is a comprehensive, multi-campus public institution of higher education. Through its three locations - the Fauquier and Middletown Campuses and the Luray-Page County Center - the College serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and Piedmont regions. The localities are the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren and the city of Winchester.
- Enrollment: 6,337 students
- In-state tuition: $4,199
- Out-state tuition: $10,037
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 21%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Lord Fairfax Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- LFCC offers more than 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to providing access to bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs offered on site by a four-year institution. LFCC also serves the business community by offering workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. LFCC serves more than 7,600 unduplicated credit students and more than 10,450 individuals in professional development and business and industry courses annually. LFCC offers low tuition rates that are approximately one-third the cost of attending a four-year institution in Virginia. In addition, the College offers students flexible scheduling options with day, evening, weekend and Internet courses. LFCC has established numerous transfer/articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities in Virginia, enabling a smooth transition from LFCC to other institutions. Lord Fairfax Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lord Fairfax Community College.