Lord Fairfax Community College
- Founded in 1970, Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is a comprehensive, multi-campus public institution of higher education. Through its three locations - the Fauquier and Middletown Campuses and the Luray-Page County Center - the College serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and Piedmont regions. The localities are the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren and the city of Winchester.
Lord Fairfax Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 206 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lord Fairfax Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||206 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,996 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,952 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,044 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,700||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- LFCC offers more than 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to providing access to bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs offered on site by a four-year institution. LFCC also serves the business community by offering workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. LFCC serves more than 7,600 unduplicated credit students and more than 10,450 individuals in professional development and business and industry courses annually. LFCC offers low tuition rates that are approximately one-third the cost of attending a four-year institution in Virginia. In addition, the College offers students flexible scheduling options with day, evening, weekend and Internet courses. LFCC has established numerous transfer/articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities in Virginia, enabling a smooth transition from LFCC to other institutions. Lord Fairfax Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lord Fairfax Community College.
- The nearest community college to Lord Fairfax Community College is Blue Ridge Community and Technical College (33.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,528 students | 33.00 Mi13650 Apple Harvest Drive
Martinsburg,  WV  25403
- 140 students | 35.00 Mi287 Aikens Ctr Edwin Miller Blvd
Martinsburg,  WV  25404
- 487 students | 35.80 Mi316 Eastern Drive
Moorefield,  WV  26836
- 327 students | 47.20 Mi8255 Shopper\'s Square
Manassas,  VA  20111
- 1,540 students | 47.50 Mi101 Fort Ave
Keyser,  WV  26726
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.