- Enrollment: 2,387 students
- In-state tuition: $2,904
- Out-state tuition: $3,648
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 43%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Baptist Student Ministry, Caddo Club, Delta Psi Omega, Gaming Club, Green Jackets, History Club, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Social Modern Asian Culture Club, Student Government Association, Student Occupational Therapy Assistant Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorale, Theatre program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Rodeo Team (Varsity)
- Established in 1947, Panola College has greatly expanded its services to meet community needs and to provide a wide range of educational and training opportunities to citizens of all ages. The College began operating temporary buildings before the first two permanent buildings were erected in 1949. A 35-acre campus at the junction of Texas state Highway 315 and U.S. 79 in Carthage has been the school's home since its inception. There are now sixteen permanent buildings with more than 135 acres available for expansion in the coming century. In addition to a comprehensive community college in Carthage, the school offers a variety of instructional opportunities in a four-county service area including Harrison, Marion, and Shelby counties. These three counties became part of the college's official service area by legislative act in 1995. Panola College offers quality instructional programs for those interested in academic transfer, vocational/technical fields, developmental studies, workforce training and continuing education. Our excellent faculty provide personal assistance to students in a caring environment. An outstanding array of distance learning courses are also available. The degrees offered includes Associate of Science, Associate of Art, Associate of Applied Science, and Associate of Arts in Teaching. Certificates are available in technical areas. Panola College is accredited by the Commission of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate degrees and certificates of completion.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Chad Dallas - professional baseball player
- Fabulous Flournoy - current assistant coach with the Toronto Raptors, former player and the head coach for basketball team Newcastle Eagles, who compete in the British Basketball League.
- Dexter Shouse - former professional basketball player, played for Panola during the 1981–82 & 1982–83 seasons
- Mark Bradenburg - played baseball professionally in both the minor leagues and the MLB over eight seasons with the Texas Rangers and Boston Red Sox.
- Linda Davis - Multiple grammy winner, plus several other music awards
- Natalie Woods Stanyer - Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, Producer on CMT's Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team, NFL producer
- Tilden Hooper - 9 Time NFR Qualifier, actor on Yellowstone, PRCA Resistol Bareback Riding Rookie of the Year, 2007