The teacher population of 93 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Panola College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||93 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1947, Panola College has greatly expanded its services to meet community needs and to provide a wide range of educational and training opportunities to citizens of all ages. The College began operating temporary buildings before the first two permanent buildings were erected in 1949. A 35-acre campus at the junction of Texas state Highway 315 and U.S. 79 in Carthage has been the school's home since its inception. There are now sixteen permanent buildings with more than 135 acres available for expansion in the coming century. In addition to a comprehensive community college in Carthage, the school offers a variety of instructional opportunities in a four-county service area including Harrison, Marion, and Shelby counties. These three counties became part of the college's official service area by legislative act in 1995. Panola College offers quality instructional programs for those interested in academic transfer, vocational/technical fields, developmental studies, workforce training and continuing education. Our excellent faculty provide personal assistance to students in a caring environment. An outstanding array of distance learning courses are also available. The degrees offered includes Associate of Science, Associate of Art, Associate of Applied Science, and Associate of Arts in Teaching. Certificates are available in technical areas. Panola College is accredited by the Commission of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate degrees and certificates of completion.
The nearest community college to Panola College is Texas State Technical College-Marshall (25.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 858 students | 25.00 Mi2650 E End Blvd, South
Marshall, TX 75672
(903) 935-1010 25.00858
- 4,866 students | 33.80 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore, TX 75662
(903) 984-8531 33.804,866
- 301 students | 37.00 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71101
(318) 671-4000 37.00301
- 208 students | 38.70 MiP.O. Box 1236
Mansfield, LA 71052
(318) 872-2243 38.70208
- 61 students | 40.80 Mi702 Professional Dr N
Shreveport, LA 71105
(318) 798-3333 40.8061
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?