Panola College serves 2,599 students (38% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 71%.
- Enrollment: 2,599 students
- In-state tuition: $2,904
- Out-state tuition: $3,648
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 38%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 192 teachers has grown by 57% over five years.
(TX) Community College Avg.
Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional
Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Panola College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five years.
The Panola College diversity score of 0.56 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,904 is less than the state average of $4,287. The in-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,648 is less than the state average of $6,528. The out-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Established in 1947, Panola College has greatly expanded its services to meet community needs and to provide a wide range of educational and training opportunities to citizens of all ages. The College began operating temporary buildings before the first two permanent buildings were erected in 1949. A 35-acre campus at the junction of Texas state Highway 315 and U.S. 79 in Carthage has been the school's home since its inception. There are now sixteen permanent buildings with more than 135 acres available for expansion in the coming century. In addition to a comprehensive community college in Carthage, the school offers a variety of instructional opportunities in a four-county service area including Harrison, Marion, and Shelby counties. These three counties became part of the college's official service area by legislative act in 1995. Panola College offers quality instructional programs for those interested in academic transfer, vocational/technical fields, developmental studies, workforce training and continuing education. Our excellent faculty provide personal assistance to students in a caring environment. An outstanding array of distance learning courses are also available. The degrees offered includes Associate of Science, Associate of Art, Associate of Applied Science, and Associate of Arts in Teaching. Certificates are available in technical areas. Panola College is accredited by the Commission of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate degrees and certificates of completion.
An In-Depth Guide to Financing Options for Community College
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
Do You Need to Take the GRE for Community College Applications?
No matter where you choose to go to college you'll have to take some kind of standardized test. The GRE is often required for graduate programs, but it may also benefit your community college application.
Tips for Minimizing Educational Debt While in School
Education becomes more expensive with each passing year so it is important to make smart use of your student loans and to minimize your debt while you are in school whenever possible.