Alexandria Technical & Community College
Alexandria Technical & Community College Photo #8 - Cybersecurity, Virtualization, & Networking and Computer Information Systems
- Alexandria Technical & Community College is a two year comprehensive college located in West Central Minnesota. The college provides a hands on learning environment with real life applications integrated into the classroom. Job placement is 98%.
Upcoming Events and News:
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Alexandria Technical & Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||96 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,051 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,517 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,534 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,000||$35,400|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Business Professionals of America, Collegiate DECA, Diesel Club, Early Childhood Education, Law Enforcement Club, Phi Theta Kappa, SkillsUSA, Student Ambassadors, Student Senate
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports, Trap Shooting
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Approximately 4000 students attend the college annually in person or as online students. The flexibility of choices, both on site and online, allow students to match their lifestyle with the requirements of their chosen degree. Strong business and industry partnerships support internships and pathways to gainful employment. Current equipment, excellent instructors, and defined transfer pathways make Alexandria Technical & Community College a first choice for students across the state. ATCC is positioned as a leader among two year colleges for student success.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Alexandria Technical & Community College is Minnesota State Community and Technical College (45.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,216 students | 45.10 Mi1414 College Way
Fergus Falls,  MN  56537
- 3,753 students | 52.70 Mi2101 15th Ave NW
Willmar,  MN  56201
- 218 students | 59.40 Mi1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park,  MN  56387
- 5,395 students | 60.50 Mi226 Park Avenue South
Saint Cloud,  MN  56301
- 4,924 students | 61.20 Mi1540 Northway Drive
Saint Cloud,  MN  56303
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.