Central Lakes College-Brainerd
- Central Lakes College is a full-service, comprehensive community and technical college. We offer a mix of technical college and community college programs and courses from campuses in Brainerd and Staples. As a comprehensive two-year college, we promote success for our students, businesses, and communities. Our dedicated and competent employees provide opportunities for students to prepare for the future by learning the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for living and earning. Some graduates of Central Lakes College transfer to Minnesota state universities or other colleges to complete four-year degrees. Other students at our college take a career path from more than 60 professional programs leading immediately to rewarding employment. We are part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, which is a network of 32 two-year and four-year state colleges and universities serving over 374,000 students in credit & non-credit courses on 53 campuses in 46 communities across Minnesota.
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has declined by 39% over five years.
|Central Lakes College-Brainerd||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||51 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,890 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,684 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,436 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.17||0.45|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$35,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir Band, Choir,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- With a knowledgeable, caring faculty and modern, results-oriented programs in comfortable facilities, CLC is the college of choice for seekers of success. Our roots are deep in a tradition dating to 1938 in Brainerd and 1950 in Staples. Communities across central Minnesota are filled with our graduates. While maintaining quality in degrees (Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Science), CLC responds to student need by scheduling relevant courses at convenient times and locations. Access is crucial to provide the service students deserve. The college offers more than 70 degrees and career education programs recognized through industry standards. The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, following a site team evaluation in 2002, accredited CLC for 10 more years.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,924 students | 53.10 Mi1540 Northway Drive
Saint Cloud,  MN  56303
- 218 students | 55.00 Mi1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park,  MN  56387
- 5,395 students | 55.20 Mi226 Park Avenue South
Saint Cloud,  MN  56301
- 3,928 students | 64.30 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
- 1,083 students | 70.00 Mi900 4th St SE
Pine City,  MN  55063
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.