Central Lakes College-Brainerd
- Central Lakes College is a full-service, comprehensive community and technical college. We offer a mix of technical college and community college programs and courses from campuses in Brainerd and Staples. As a comprehensive two-year college, we promote success for our students, businesses, and communities. Our dedicated and competent employees provide opportunities for students to prepare for the future by learning the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for living and earning. Some graduates of Central Lakes College transfer to Minnesota state universities or other colleges to complete four-year degrees. Other students at our college take a career path from more than 60 professional programs leading immediately to rewarding employment. We are part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, which is a network of 32 two-year and four-year state colleges and universities serving over 374,000 students in credit & non-credit courses on 53 campuses in 46 communities across Minnesota.
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Lakes College-Brainerd||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,331 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,932 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,399 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$35,400|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Accounting Club, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Civic Engagement Club, CLC Computer Club, CLC Lions Club, Creative Imaging Club, Diesel Technicians Club, Diversity Club, Equality Coalition, Fishing Club, Global Connectsion Club, Heavy Equipment Club, Horticulture Club, Marine and Powersports, Marine Trades Club, Medical Assistants Club, Natural Resources Club, Nursing Club, Phi Theta Kappa, PN Nursing Club, PSeO Club, Psychology Club, Right Brain Media Club, Robotics Club, Sociability and Friends, Welding Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Basketball, Trap Shooting Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- With a knowledgeable, caring faculty and modern, results-oriented programs in comfortable facilities, CLC is the college of choice for seekers of success. Our roots are deep in a tradition dating to 1938 in Brainerd and 1950 in Staples. Communities across central Minnesota are filled with our graduates. While maintaining quality in degrees (Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Science), CLC responds to student need by scheduling relevant courses at convenient times and locations. Access is crucial to provide the service students deserve. The college offers more than 70 degrees and career education programs recognized through industry standards. The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, following a site team evaluation in 2002, accredited CLC for 10 more years.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Central Lakes College-Brainerd is St Cloud Technical and Community College (53.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,924 students | 53.10 Mi1540 Northway Drive
Saint Cloud,  MN  56303
- 218 students | 55.00 Mi1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park,  MN  56387
- 5,395 students | 55.20 Mi226 Park Avenue South
Saint Cloud,  MN  56301
- 3,811 students | 64.30 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
- 1,083 students | 70.00 Mi900 4th St SE
Pine City,  MN  55063
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.