- Central Lakes College is a full-service, comprehensive community and technical college. We offer a mix of technical college and community college programs and courses from campuses in Brainerd and Staples. As a comprehensive two-year college, we promote success for our students, businesses, and communities. Our dedicated and competent employees provide opportunities for students to prepare for the future by learning the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for living and earning. Some graduates of Central Lakes College transfer to Minnesota state universities or other colleges to complete four-year degrees. Other students at our college take a career path from more than 60 professional programs leading immediately to rewarding employment. We are part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, which is a network of 32 two-year and four-year state colleges and universities serving over 374,000 students in credit & non-credit courses on 53 campuses in 46 communities across Minnesota.
- Enrollment: 4,491 students
- In-state tuition: $5,757
- Out-state tuition: $5,757
- Student:teacher ratio: 36:1
- Minority enrollment: 9%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Accounting Club, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Civic Engagement Club, CLC Computer Club, CLC Lions Club, Creative Imaging Club, Diesel Technicians Club, Diversity Club, Equality Coalition, Fishing Club, Global Connectsion Club, Heavy Equipment Club, Horticulture Club, Marine and Powersports, Marine Trades Club, Medical Assistants Club, Natural Resources Club, Nursing Club, Phi Theta Kappa, PN Nursing Club, PSeO Club, Psychology Club, Right Brain Media Club, Robotics Club, Sociability and Friends, Welding Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Basketball, Trap Shooting Club
- With a knowledgeable, caring faculty and modern, results-oriented programs in comfortable facilities, CLC is the college of choice for seekers of success. Our roots are deep in a tradition dating to 1938 in Brainerd and 1950 in Staples. Communities across central Minnesota are filled with our graduates. While maintaining quality in degrees (Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Science), CLC responds to student need by scheduling relevant courses at convenient times and locations. Access is crucial to provide the service students deserve. The college offers more than 70 degrees and career education programs recognized through industry standards. The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, following a site team evaluation in 2002, accredited CLC for 10 more years.