Tel: (800) 722-1151
- Ridgewater College is a comprehensive community and technical college offering education designed for transfer to a university as well as technical programs intended for direct entry into the workforce. Located in central Minnesota, Ridgewater has campuses in Hutchinson and Willmar. We are one of outstate Minnesota's largest public colleges, and are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.Ridgewater College provides quality learning opportunities for students in accessible, affordable, and supportive settings.
The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ridgewater College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||73 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ridgewater College is a community and technical college that offers more than 100 educational programs in Transfer Education, transfer options, and technical education. Ridgewater College serves more than 5500 students on its campuses in the growing communities of Willmar and Hutchinson, Minnesota. Ridgewater College also offers some programs that are unique in the state of Minnesota and nationally. Small class sizes, up-to-date technology, and access to many student activities and organizations (including intercollegiate sports, choir, theater, and Student Senate) give students the opportunity to enjoy a positive college experience. Ridgewater College is proud of its scholarship foundation, and excellent graduation and job placement rates. Ridgewater College is recognized as an educational leader that exemplifies innovation and excellence within a student-centered learning environment, and is dedicated to providing an accessible, affordable, and supportive setting for all students. At Ridgewater College, students are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of activities including: arts, athletics, student government, theater, music, clubs, and organizations (offerings differ by campus). Ridgewater College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Ridgewater College is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (33.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,362 students | 33.20 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls, MN 56241
(800) 658-2330 33.203,362
- 218 students | 49.60 Mi1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park, MN 56387
(320) 257-2000 49.60218
- 4,124 students | 50.60 Mi226 Park Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301
(320) 251-5600 50.604,124
- 3,640 students | 52.70 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 762-0221 52.703,640
- 4,325 students | 53.10 Mi1540 Northway Drive
Saint Cloud, MN 56303
(320) 308-5000 53.104,325
A performance gap continues to exist at community colleges for minority and low-income students. Learn about the troubling statistics and how the performance gap can be closed.
If you are an athlete hoping to go pro, our complete community college athletics guide can help you get started on the right foot, literally!
June 16, 2021
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.