Tel: (800) 722-1151
- Ridgewater College is a comprehensive community and technical college offering education designed for transfer to a university as well as technical programs intended for direct entry into the workforce. Located in central Minnesota, Ridgewater has campuses in Hutchinson and Willmar. We are one of outstate Minnesota's largest public colleges, and are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.Ridgewater College provides quality learning opportunities for students in accessible, affordable, and supportive settings.
The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ridgewater College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||56 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ridgewater College is a community and technical college that offers more than 100 educational programs in Transfer Education, transfer options, and technical education. Ridgewater College serves more than 5500 students on its campuses in the growing communities of Willmar and Hutchinson, Minnesota. Ridgewater College also offers some programs that are unique in the state of Minnesota and nationally. Small class sizes, up-to-date technology, and access to many student activities and organizations (including intercollegiate sports, choir, theater, and Student Senate) give students the opportunity to enjoy a positive college experience. Ridgewater College is proud of its scholarship foundation, and excellent graduation and job placement rates. Ridgewater College is recognized as an educational leader that exemplifies innovation and excellence within a student-centered learning environment, and is dedicated to providing an accessible, affordable, and supportive setting for all students. At Ridgewater College, students are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of activities including: arts, athletics, student government, theater, music, clubs, and organizations (offerings differ by campus). Ridgewater College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Ridgewater College is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (33.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 33.20 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
(800) 658-2330 33.203,182
- 218 students | 49.60 Mi1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park,  MN  56387
(320) 257-2000 49.60218
- 5,395 students | 50.60 Mi226 Park Avenue South
Saint Cloud,  MN  56301
(320) 251-5600 50.605,395
- 3,640 students | 52.70 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
(320) 762-0221 52.703,640
- 4,924 students | 53.10 Mi1540 Northway Drive
Saint Cloud,  MN  56303
(320) 308-5000 53.104,924
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.