- Ridgewater College is a comprehensive community and technical college offering education designed for transfer to a university as well as technical programs intended for direct entry into the workforce. Located in central Minnesota, Ridgewater has campuses in Hutchinson and Willmar. We are one of outstate Minnesota's largest public colleges, and are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.Ridgewater College provides quality learning opportunities for students in accessible, affordable, and supportive settings.
- The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ridgewater College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,753 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,063 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,690 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ridgewater College is a community and technical college that offers more than 100 educational programs in Transfer Education, transfer options, and technical education. Ridgewater College serves more than 5500 students on its campuses in the growing communities of Willmar and Hutchinson, Minnesota. Ridgewater College also offers some programs that are unique in the state of Minnesota and nationally. Small class sizes, up-to-date technology, and access to many student activities and organizations (including intercollegiate sports, choir, theater, and Student Senate) give students the opportunity to enjoy a positive college experience. Ridgewater College is proud of its scholarship foundation, and excellent graduation and job placement rates. Ridgewater College is recognized as an educational leader that exemplifies innovation and excellence within a student-centered learning environment, and is dedicated to providing an accessible, affordable, and supportive setting for all students. At Ridgewater College, students are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of activities including: arts, athletics, student government, theater, music, clubs, and organizations (offerings differ by campus). Ridgewater College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Ridgewater College is Minnesota West Community and Technical College (33.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,182 students | 33.00 Mi1593 11th Ave
Granite Falls,  MN  56241
- 218 students | 49.60 Mi1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park,  MN  56387
- 5,395 students | 50.50 Mi226 Park Avenue South
Saint Cloud,  MN  56301
- 3,811 students | 52.70 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
- 4,924 students | 53.00 Mi1540 Northway Drive
Saint Cloud,  MN  56303
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.