Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- At Minnesota State Community and Technical College, you can choose from four unique campus experiences, flexible scheduling options and an array of student life activities including athletics and fine arts.
- The teacher population of 515 teachers has grown by 46% over five years.
|Minnesota State Community and Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||515 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,216 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,776 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,440 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||152||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$35,800|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Architectural Technology Student Association, Associate Degree Nursing Organization, Auto Tech Club, Business Professionals of America, Campus Crusade for Christ, Christian Bible Fellowship, College Ambassadors, Construction Management Student Organization, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Dental Assisting organization, Diesel Club, Electrical Line Workers Organization, EquiUs Equine Club, F2CO Chemistry, Gaming and Robotics, Gaming Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Multicultural Student Association, Phi Theta Kappa (national honor society), PowerSports Club, SkillsUSA, Student American Dental Hygienists' Association, Student Government Association, Student Human Resources Organization, Student Nursing Organization, Technology
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Chorale, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Jazz Band and theatre, Voice Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
flag football, Intramural sports can include basketball, soccer and bowling., volleyball
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Minnesota State Community and Technical College, you can choose from four unique campus experiences, flexible scheduling options and an array of student life activities including athletics and fine arts. We offer more than 70 career and technical programs and also serve as the top transfer institution for students attending Minnesota State University Moorhead, North Dakota State University, University of North Dakota and Concordia College. At M State, students benefit from extensive online options, quality instruction from highly credentialed instructors and personalized small class sizes. More than 20 of our programs can be completed online. Campuses are located in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena. Our unique programs include Cardiovascular Technology, Drafting and 3D Technologies, Electrical Line Worker Technology, Gas Utility Construction and Service, Phlebotomy Technician, Radiologic Technology and Surgical Technology. Our transfer degrees include Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Associate of Fine Arts in Music, Visual Art and Theatre. Our tuition is low, and our financial aid options and special programs made it possible for over 2,270 students to attend M State tuition-free in 2016-17. Our campus foundations award more than $200,000 in scholarships annually.
- The nearest community college to Minnesota State Community and Technical College is North Dakota State College of Science (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,033 students | 24.30 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- n/a students | 39.50 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes,  MN  56501
- 4,051 students | 45.10 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
- 793 students | 52.70 Mi4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND  58103
- 3,890 students | 90.00 Mi501 West College Drive
Brainerd,  MN  56401
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.