Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- At Minnesota State Community and Technical College, you can choose from four unique campus experiences, flexible scheduling options and an array of student life activities including athletics and fine arts.
- The teacher population of 515 teachers has grown by 164% over five years.
|Minnesota State Community and Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||515 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,216 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,776 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,440 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||152||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$35,400|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Architectural Technology Student Association, Associate Degree Nursing Organization, Auto Tech Club, Business Professionals of America, Campus Crusade for Christ, Christian Bible Fellowship, College Ambassadors, Construction Management Student Organization, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Dental Assisting organization, Diesel Club, Electrical Line Workers Organization, EquiUs Equine Club, F2CO Chemistry, Gaming and Robotics, Gaming Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Multicultural Student Association, Phi Theta Kappa (national honor society), PowerSports Club, SkillsUSA, Student American Dental Hygienists' Association, Student Government Association, Student Human Resources Organization, Student Nursing Organization, Technology
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Chorale, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Jazz Band and theatre, Voice Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
flag football, Intramural sports can include basketball, soccer and bowling., volleyball
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Minnesota State Community and Technical College, you can choose from four unique campus experiences, flexible scheduling options and an array of student life activities including athletics and fine arts. We offer more than 70 career and technical programs and also serve as the top transfer institution for students attending Minnesota State University Moorhead, North Dakota State University, University of North Dakota and Concordia College. At M State, students benefit from extensive online options, quality instruction from highly credentialed instructors and personalized small class sizes. More than 20 of our programs can be completed online. Campuses are located in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena. Our unique programs include Cardiovascular Technology, Drafting and 3D Technologies, Electrical Line Worker Technology, Gas Utility Construction and Service, Phlebotomy Technician, Radiologic Technology and Surgical Technology. Our transfer degrees include Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Associate of Fine Arts in Music, Visual Art and Theatre. Our tuition is low, and our financial aid options and special programs made it possible for over 2,270 students to attend M State tuition-free in 2016-17. Our campus foundations award more than $200,000 in scholarships annually.
- The nearest community college to Minnesota State Community and Technical College is North Dakota State College of Science (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,033 students | 24.30 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- n/a students | 39.50 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes,  MN  56501
- 3,811 students | 45.10 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
- 793 students | 52.70 Mi4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND  58103
- 5,331 students | 90.00 Mi501 West College Drive
Brainerd,  MN  56401
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.