Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- At Minnesota State Community and Technical College, you can choose from four unique campus experiences, flexible scheduling options and an array of student life activities including athletics and fine arts.
- The teacher population of 515 teachers has grown by 164% over five years.
|Minnesota State Community and Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||515 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,216 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,776 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,440 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||152||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$35,400|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Architectural Technology Student Association, Associate Degree Nursing Organization, Auto Tech Club, Business Professionals of America, Campus Crusade for Christ, Christian Bible Fellowship, College Ambassadors, Construction Management Student Organization, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Dental Assisting organization, Diesel Club, Electrical Line Workers Organization, EquiUs Equine Club, F2CO Chemistry, Gaming and Robotics, Gaming Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Multicultural Student Association, Phi Theta Kappa (national honor society), PowerSports Club, SkillsUSA, Student American Dental Hygienists' Association, Student Government Association, Student Human Resources Organization, Student Nursing Organization, Technology
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Chorale, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Jazz Band and theatre, Voice Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
flag football, Intramural sports can include basketball, soccer and bowling., volleyball
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Minnesota State Community and Technical College, you can choose from four unique campus experiences, flexible scheduling options and an array of student life activities including athletics and fine arts. We offer more than 80 career and technical programs and also serve as the top transfer institution for students attending Minnesota State University Moorhead, North Dakota State University, University of North Dakota and Concordia College.
- At M State, students benefit from extensive online options, quality instruction from highly credentialed instructors and personalized small class sizes. More than 20 of our programs can be completed online. Campuses are located in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena.
- Our unique programs include Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cardiovascular Technology - Invasive, Child and Adolescent Therapeutic Behavioral Health, Cosmetology, Cybersecurity, Database Administration, Dental Assisting and Hygiene, Digital Marketing, Electrical Lineworker, Electrical Technology, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technology, Music, Nursing, Phlebotomy Technician, PowerSports Technology, Purchasing and Inventory Management, Radiologic Technology, Social Media Management, Sport Management, Surgical Technology, and Theatre and Visual Arts.
- Transfer pathways include accounting, art, biology, business, political science, psychology and theatre arts.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Minnesota State Community and Technical College is North Dakota State College of Science (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,033 students | 24.30 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076
- n/a students | 39.50 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes,  MN  56501
- 3,811 students | 45.10 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
- 793 students | 52.70 Mi4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND  58103
- 5,331 students | 90.00 Mi501 West College Drive
Brainerd,  MN  56401
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.