Wood Tobe-Coburn School
- Wood Tob?-Coburn School, located in New York, NY, offers career-focused classes with programs in Business, Fashion, Technology, and Health Care so you can finish your degree quickly and find your first career job through our career placement services. Wood Tob?-Coburn graduates know the exhilaration of being first.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wood Tobe-Coburn School||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||411 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||411 students||1,163 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,900||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wood Tob?-Coburn graduates carry out our legacy of developing students into professionals. Armed with the real world skills they need to get the job done, our graduates are working in some of the biggest and smallest companies around New York City. It is the unique blend of career-focused classes, high academic standards, and individual attention that differentiates Wood Tob?-Coburn. The spirit of dedication encompasses everyone at Wood Tob?-Coburn. We are committed to your success and aspire to help you reach your ultimate career goals. Along with academic credentials, our faculty brings industry knowledge to the classroom, helping ground theory with real world reality. Wood Tob?-Coburn School's programs are registered by the New York State Education Department, Board of Regents, Division of College and University Evaluation, Cultural Education Center. The Wood Tob?-Coburn Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- The nearest community college to Wood Tobe-Coburn School is Berkeley College-New York (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,525 students | 0.20 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 253 students | 0.50 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
- 9,764 students | 0.70 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
- 278 students | 0.70 Mi766 The Avenue of the Americas 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10001
- 707 students | 0.90 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.