American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service
- AAMI is an urban, not-for-profit, private, single purpose academic institution dedicated to the educational needs of the funeral industry. AAMI provides educational leadership through learning opportunities that anticipate, prepare for and meet the challenges to educate a socially and economically diverse population. AAMI provides opportunities for students, faculty and staff to study, research and observe the culture and customs of the changing dynamics of the funeral profession.
|American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||449 students||1,701 students|
|# Full-Time Students||66 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||383 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- AAMI is a not-for-profit educational institution that was founded in 1926. It is the only funeral service school within New York City. AAMI has 80 years experience in funeral education and thousands of funeral directors have graduated from the school. AAMI is located in the heart of New York City and draws upon an experienced and diverse faculty and administration to teach our students. The faculty is largely comprised of experienced licensed funeral directors who have achieved further expertise in the field of education. The entire premise is well lighted, ventilated and air-conditioned, providing a cheerful and comfortable atmosphere during all seasons of the year. Physical facilities are readily accessible for the disabled. In addition to the usual classroom facilities for lecture and discussion, there are specially designed laboratories for Restorative Art and Computer Science which enhance the opportunities for students to learn by doing. A range of visual and learning aids are utilized to enhance and facilitate the educational experience in the classroom. These include films, slides, charts and manikins (models), video equipment, and power point presentations. The college is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service is Mandl School-The College Of Allied Health (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 707 students | 0.60 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
- 4,525 students | 1.30 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 411 students | 1.40 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 9,764 students | 1.50 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
- 253 students | 1.70 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.