American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service
- AAMI is an urban, not-for-profit, private, single purpose academic institution dedicated to the educational needs of the funeral industry. AAMI provides educational leadership through learning opportunities that anticipate, prepare for and meet the challenges to educate a socially and economically diverse population. AAMI provides opportunities for students, faculty and staff to study, research and observe the culture and customs of the changing dynamics of the funeral profession.
|American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||449 students||1,701 students|
|# Full-Time Students||66 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||383 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- AAMI is a not-for-profit educational institution that was founded in 1926. It is the only funeral service school within New York City. AAMI has 80 years experience in funeral education and thousands of funeral directors have graduated from the school. AAMI is located in the heart of New York City and draws upon an experienced and diverse faculty and administration to teach our students. The faculty is largely comprised of experienced licensed funeral directors who have achieved further expertise in the field of education. The entire premise is well lighted, ventilated and air-conditioned, providing a cheerful and comfortable atmosphere during all seasons of the year. Physical facilities are readily accessible for the disabled. In addition to the usual classroom facilities for lecture and discussion, there are specially designed laboratories for Restorative Art and Computer Science which enhance the opportunities for students to learn by doing. A range of visual and learning aids are utilized to enhance and facilitate the educational experience in the classroom. These include films, slides, charts and manikins (models), video equipment, and power point presentations. The college is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service is Mandl School-The College Of Allied Health (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 707 students | 0.60 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
- 4,525 students | 1.30 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 411 students | 1.40 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 9,764 students | 1.50 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
- 253 students | 1.70 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.