American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service
Tel: (212) 757-1190
- AAMI is an urban, not-for-profit, private, single purpose academic institution dedicated to the educational needs of the funeral industry. AAMI provides educational leadership through learning opportunities that anticipate, prepare for and meet the challenges to educate a socially and economically diverse population. AAMI provides opportunities for students, faculty and staff to study, research and observe the culture and customs of the changing dynamics of the funeral profession.
The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Arts & Design||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||158 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- AAMI is a not-for-profit educational institution that was founded in 1926. It is the only funeral service school within New York City. AAMI has 80 years experience in funeral education and thousands of funeral directors have graduated from the school. AAMI is located in the heart of New York City and draws upon an experienced and diverse faculty and administration to teach our students. The faculty is largely comprised of experienced licensed funeral directors who have achieved further expertise in the field of education. The entire premise is well lighted, ventilated and air-conditioned, providing a cheerful and comfortable atmosphere during all seasons of the year. Physical facilities are readily accessible for the disabled. In addition to the usual classroom facilities for lecture and discussion, there are specially designed laboratories for Restorative Art and Computer Science which enhance the opportunities for students to learn by doing. A range of visual and learning aids are utilized to enhance and facilitate the educational experience in the classroom. These include films, slides, charts and manikins (models), video equipment, and power point presentations. The college is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education.
The nearest community college to American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service is Mandl School-The College Of Allied Health (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 519 students | 0.60 Mi254 W 54th St
New York, NY 10019
(212) 247-3434 0.60519
- 490 students | 1.10 Mi500 7th Ave
New York, NY 10018
(212) 349-4330 1.10490
- 955 students | 1.20 Mi50 West 40th Street
New York, NY 10018
(646) 313-8000 1.20955
- 2,954 students | 1.30 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York, NY 10017
(212) 986-4343 1.302,954
- 261 students | 1.30 Mi766 Avenue of the Americas 4th Floor
New York, NY 10001
(212) 614-6114 1.30261
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.