Williston State College
- Williston State College operates as a two-year public community college in the North Dakota University System (NDUS). The college is one of eleven institutions under the jurisdiction of the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education. Williston State College offers transfer programs leading to Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degrees. Students can complete the first two years of many majors and transfer with junior status to most four-year colleges and universities.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Williston State College||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,124 students||1,857 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||645 students||530 students|
|# Part-Time Students||479 students||1,327 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,500||$38,300|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Ice Hockey, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Astronomy Club, Computer Technology Club, CRU, Diversity Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Phi Theta Lambda, Skills USA, Student Ambassadors, Student Nurses Organization, Student Senate, Teton Activity Board, Tetons Lead
Arts and Music Programs:
Athletic Band, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Concert Chorale, Orchestra
- The mission of WSC, "Where the People Make the Difference," is to provide accessible, affordable, life changing, and life-long educational pathways to residents of North Dakota, the Upper Plains, and beyond.
- WSC operates as a two-year public community college in the NDUS. The College is one of 11 institutions under the North Dakota SBHE's jurisdiction.
- WSC offers transfer programs leading to Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees. Students can complete the first two years of many majors and transfer with junior status to most four-year colleges and universities.
- The Associate in Applied Science degree and the certificate program are awarded to students completing career-technical programs. Students receiving career-technical training may continue at a four-year college or university, earning an advanced degree.
- WSC's career-technical programs include: Accounting, Agriculture, Business Management, Information Technology, Massage Therapy, Nursing, Petroleum Technology & Automation, Speech Language Pathology Paraprofessional, Sport & Recreation Management, Transportation Technician Technology, and Welding.
- WSC operates on the semester calendar. All academic units are expressed in terms of semester credit hours.
- WSC is committed to student excellence. WSC embraces quality student experiences, open communication, and actionable data that enrich personal relationships among our college, faculty, and students.
- WSC believes that people make the difference; that the College is the heart of the communities we serve; that our facilities are a needed, neutral, and central community space; and that our faculty and staff serve multiple and diverse needs in a global environment.
- WSC strives for a strong student presence on-campus, expanded offerings, fiscal sustainability, modern facilities, current technologies, and continuous improvement as a result of both our master and strategic plans.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Williston State College is Dawson Community College (90.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 553 students | 90.40 Mi300 College Dr
Glendive,  MT  59330
- 996 students | 152.50 Mi105 Simrall Blvd
Bottineau,  ND  58318
- 420 students | 159.50 Mi2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City,  MT  59301
- 4,002 students | 159.90 Mi1603 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck,  ND  58506
- 1,988 students | 218.90 Mi1801 College Dr N
Devils Lake,  ND  58301