Williston State College
Tel: (888) 863-9455
Williston State College Photo #2 - Stevens Hall is the main building on campus and was completely renovated in 2015 with new classrooms, bookstore and cafeteria. Stevens is also home to most administration and the learning commons.
Williston State College Photo #3 - The Science Center opened in Fall 2012 houses chemistry, anatomy, biology and physics labs.
Williston State College Photo #5 - Frontier Hall is a state-of-the-art residence hall opened in 2011 with student lounges, a kitchen, coffee bar, study spaces and computer access.
Williston State College Photo #6 - WSC is where the people make the difference. Communication and Math labs are open daily to help students with their coursework.
Williston State College Photo #7 - The Learning Commons features resources and staff to help students succeed.
- Williston State College operates as a two-year public community college in the North Dakota University System (NDUS). The college is one of eleven institutions under the jurisdiction of the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education. Williston State College offers transfer programs leading to Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degrees. Students can complete the first two years of many majors and transfer with junior status to most four-year colleges and universities.
The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Williston State College||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||40 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$8,446||$9,600|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,273||$5,500|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Ice Hockey, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Astronomy Club, Computer Technology Club, CRU, Diversity Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Phi Theta Lambda, Skills USA, Student Ambassadors, Student Nurses Organization, Student Senate, Teton Activity Board, Tetons Lead
Arts and Music Programs:
Athletic Band, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Concert Chorale, Orchestra
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The mission of WSC, "Where the People Make the Difference," is to provide accessible, affordable, life changing, and life-long educational pathways to residents of North Dakota, the Upper Plains, and beyond.
- WSC operates as a two-year public community college in the NDUS. The College is one of 11 institutions under the North Dakota SBHE's jurisdiction.
- WSC offers transfer programs leading to Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees. Students can complete the first two years of many majors and transfer with junior status to most four-year colleges and universities.
- The Associate in Applied Science degree and the certificate program are awarded to students completing career-technical programs. Students receiving career-technical training may continue at a four-year college or university, earning an advanced degree.
- WSC's career-technical programs include: Accounting, Agriculture, Business Management, Information Technology, Massage Therapy, Nursing, Petroleum Technology & Automation, Sport & Recreation Management, Transportation Technician Technology, and Welding.
- WSC operates on the semester calendar. All academic units are expressed in terms of semester credit hours.
- WSC is committed to student excellence. WSC embraces quality student experiences, open communication, and actionable data that enrich personal relationships among our college, faculty, and students.
- WSC believes that people make the difference; that the College is the heart of the communities we serve; that our facilities are a needed, neutral, and central community space; and that our faculty and staff serve multiple and diverse needs in a global environment.
- WSC strives for a strong student presence on-campus, expanded offerings, fiscal sustainability, modern facilities, current technologies, and continuous improvement as a result of both our master and strategic plans.
Profile last updated: 01/12/2021
The nearest community college to Williston State College is Dawson Community College (90.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 413 students | 90.40 Mi300 College Dr
Glendive, MT 59330
(406) 377-3396 90.40413
- 1,006 students | 152.50 Mi105 Simrall Blvd
Bottineau, ND 58318
(800) 542-6866 152.501,006
- 505 students | 159.50 Mi2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City, MT 59301
(800) 541-9281 159.50505
- 3,778 students | 159.90 Mi1500 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58506
(701) 224-5400 159.903,778
- 2,072 students | 218.90 Mi1801 College Dr N
Devils Lake, ND 58301
(701) 662-1600 218.902,072
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?