Top North Dakota Community Colleges
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 top community colleges located throughout North Dakota (5 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 11,946 students.
- For North Dakota community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $4,337 per year for in-state students and $6,916 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $10,764 per year (view national tuition costs).
- North Dakota community colleges have a diversity score of 0.35, which is lower than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 20% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 22:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(ND) School Average
Two or more races
Top North Dakota Community Colleges by Town (2020-21)
- College Location Students
- 1603 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck,  ND 58506
- 105 Simrall Blvd
Bottineau,  ND 58318
- 1801 College Dr N
Devils Lake,  ND 58301
- 800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND 58076
- 4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND 58103
- 1410 University Ave
Williston,  ND 58801
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.