Top North Dakota Community Colleges
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 top community colleges located throughout North Dakota (5 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 11,936 students.
- For North Dakota community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $4,337 per year for in-state students and $6,916 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $10,764 per year (view national tuition costs).
- North Dakota community colleges have a diversity score of 0.35, which is lower than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 20% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 22:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(ND) School Average
Two or more races
Top North Dakota Community Colleges by Town (2020)
- College Location Students
- 1603 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck,  ND 58506
- 105 Simrall Blvd
Bottineau,  ND 58318
- 1801 College Dr N
Devils Lake,  ND 58301
- 800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND 58076
- 4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND 58103
- 1410 University Ave
Williston,  ND 58801
While dental procedures are typically expensive, preventative services at your local community college is very affordable - if not free! Learn about how you can get low cost dental services through your community college's dental hygienist training program.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.