Lake Region State College
- Lake Region State College is a student-centered, open access, comprehensive community college within the North Dakota University System. The College provides quality academic education, vocational/technical training, workforce training, educational outreach opportunities, and life-long learning.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 35% over five years.
|Lake Region State College||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,988 students||965 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||50:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||530 students||530 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,458 students||435 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||212||240|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.29||0.27|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,300||$38,300|
- Lake Region State College is a two-year comprehensive community college within the North Dakota University System. The college is a northeast North Dakota leader in preparing students of all ages for entering the workforce, career advancement, or making career changes. Our programs provide cutting-edge equipment and facilities ranging from computer labs to modern automotive and diesel diagnostic equipment. We offer traditional programs in business-related areas; new programs in nursing, and American sign language and interpretive studies; and a unique program in simulator maintenance, preparing students for high paying jobs with commercial airlines, defense contractors, or amusement parks. Founded in 1941, Lake Region State College is a vivrant multi-campus college with a diverse student body. We have over 1400 students spread out across the state and across the globe. The Devils Lake campus is our main campus and houses most of our administrative offices. We have residential housing available to students. Students especially appreciate being able to go from their dorm rooms to class without having to go outside. The college is set in a rural area, yet there is plenty to do. The college offers a wide range of cultural activities, sports, weight rooms, clubs, and job opportunities for students. The college provides academic courses and programs that lead to an Associate in Arts degree, meet the North Dakota University System General Education requirements, and allow for seamless transfer to baccalaureate-granting institutions. Lake Region State College programs and courses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and approved by the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 909 students | 87.00 Mi105 Simrall Blvd
Bottineau,  ND  58318
- 4,824 students | 124.50 Mi1101 Hwy One East
Thief River Falls,  MN  56701
- 4,002 students | 128.20 Mi1603 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck,  ND  58506
- 793 students | 129.00 Mi4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND  58103
- 3,033 students | 166.30 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton,  ND  58076