Lake Region State College
Tel: (701) 662-1600
- Lake Region State College is a student-centered, open access, comprehensive community college within the North Dakota University System. The College provides quality academic education, vocational/technical training, workforce training, educational outreach opportunities, and life-long learning.
The teacher population of 116 teachers has grown by 87% over five years.
|Lake Region State College||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||116 staff||99 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Region State College is a two-year comprehensive community college within the North Dakota University System. The college is a northeast North Dakota leader in preparing students of all ages for entering the workforce, career advancement, or making career changes. Our programs provide cutting-edge equipment and facilities ranging from computer labs to modern automotive and diesel diagnostic equipment. We offer traditional programs in business-related areas; new programs in nursing, and American sign language and interpretive studies; and a unique program in simulator maintenance, preparing students for high paying jobs with commercial airlines, defense contractors, or amusement parks. Founded in 1941, Lake Region State College is a vivrant multi-campus college with a diverse student body. We have over 1400 students spread out across the state and across the globe. The Devils Lake campus is our main campus and houses most of our administrative offices. We have residential housing available to students. Students especially appreciate being able to go from their dorm rooms to class without having to go outside. The college is set in a rural area, yet there is plenty to do. The college offers a wide range of cultural activities, sports, weight rooms, clubs, and job opportunities for students. The college provides academic courses and programs that lead to an Associate in Arts degree, meet the North Dakota University System General Education requirements, and allow for seamless transfer to baccalaureate-granting institutions. Lake Region State College programs and courses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and approved by the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education.
The nearest community college to Lake Region State College is Dakota College at Bottineau (87.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,006 students | 87.00 Mi105 Simrall Blvd
Bottineau, ND 58318
(701) 228-2277 87.001,006
- 3,896 students | 125.40 Mi1101 Hwy One East
Thief River Falls, MN 56701
(218) 793-2800 125.403,896
- 3,739 students | 128.20 Mi1500 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58506
(701) 224-5400 128.203,739
- 653 students | 129.10 Mi4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo, ND 58103
(701) 277-3889 129.10653
- 2,977 students | 166.30 Mi800 N 6th St
Wahpeton, ND 58076
(701) 671-2403 166.302,977
You've graduated from community college - now what? Keep reading to learn what to do after you've finished college.
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.