- Lake Region State College is a student-centered, open access, comprehensive community college within the North Dakota University System. The College provides quality academic education, vocational/technical training, workforce training, educational outreach opportunities, and life-long learning.
Lake Region State College serves 1,771 students (26% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American), which is more than the state average of 20%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,771 students
- In-state tuition: $4,074
- Out-state tuition: $4,074
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 25%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Lake Region State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Dakota for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 116 teachers has grown by 190% over five years.
Lake Region State College
(ND) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Lake Region State College has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The Lake Region State College diversity score of 0.43 is more than the state average of 0.35. The school's diversity has grown by 16% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,074 is less than the state average of $4,270. The in-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,074 is less than the state average of $7,571. The out-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Lake Region State College is a two-year comprehensive community college within the North Dakota University System. The college is a northeast North Dakota leader in preparing students of all ages for entering the workforce, career advancement, or making career changes. Our programs provide cutting-edge equipment and facilities ranging from computer labs to modern automotive and diesel diagnostic equipment. We offer traditional programs in business-related areas; new programs in nursing, and American sign language and interpretive studies; and a unique program in simulator maintenance, preparing students for high paying jobs with commercial airlines, defense contractors, or amusement parks. Founded in 1941, Lake Region State College is a vivrant multi-campus college with a diverse student body. We have over 1400 students spread out across the state and across the globe. The Devils Lake campus is our main campus and houses most of our administrative offices. We have residential housing available to students. Students especially appreciate being able to go from their dorm rooms to class without having to go outside. The college is set in a rural area, yet there is plenty to do. The college offers a wide range of cultural activities, sports, weight rooms, clubs, and job opportunities for students. The college provides academic courses and programs that lead to an Associate in Arts degree, meet the North Dakota University System General Education requirements, and allow for seamless transfer to baccalaureate-granting institutions. Lake Region State College programs and courses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and approved by the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lake Region State College cost?
Lake Region State College's tuition is approximately $4,074 for In-State students and $4,074 for Out-State students.
What schools are Lake Region State College often compared to?
Lake Region State Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Williston State College by visitors of our site.
What is Lake Region State College's ranking?
Lake Region State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Dakota for: Least expensive tuition and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.