Dakota College at Bottineau
- The College achieves its mission by providing specialized technical programs in agriculture, environmental/natural resource studies, and business as well as through traditional curriculum that transfer to baccalaureate programs. The opportunities for experiential learning in attractive outdoor settings allow the unique educational programs on this campus to be intensified. A commitment to "hands-on" learning and the use of natural resource laboratories are common instructional techniques. The proximity of the campus to the International Peace Garden, J. Clark Salyer National Refuge, Denbigh Experimental Forest, the Turtle Mountains, and the offices of the North Dakota Forest Service provides a natural setting to support unique training programs serving all constituents.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has grown by 26% over five years.
|Dakota College at Bottineau||(ND) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||996 students||1,857 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||395 students||530 students|
|# Part-Time Students||601 students||1,327 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||240||240|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$38,300|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Ice Hockey, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Football, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
CRU, Honors Program, Horticulture Club, Leaderjacks, LumberActs (Drama), Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Senate, Study Abroad, Wildlife Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Dakota College at Bottineau is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Higher Learning Commission accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region, which includes North Dakota. DCB has been accredited since 1971. It received a reaffirmation of accreditation in 2009-2010 and is scheduled for its next reaffirmation in 2019-2020.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Dakota College at Bottineau is Lake Region State College (87.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,988 students | 87.00 Mi1801 College Dr N
Devils Lake,  ND  58301
- 4,002 students | 140.00 Mi1603 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck,  ND  58506
- 1,124 students | 152.50 Mi1410 University Ave
Williston,  ND  58801
- 4,583 students | 203.40 Mi1101 Hwy One East
Thief River Falls,  MN  56701
- 793 students | 215.60 Mi4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND  58103