Dawson Community College
- Dawson Community College is committed to a quality, comprehensive program. The College has an obligation to serve as an intellectual and cultural center for the community and its surrounding area. DCC is concerned with the development of the human potential and resources in the area; therefore, the institution strives to create sensitive and responsible citizens. This institution stresses social values and intellectual traditions.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 67% over five years.
|Dawson Community College||(MT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||54 staff|
|Total Enrollment||375 students||1,310 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||236 students||670 students|
|# Part-Time Students||139 students||640 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||160||181|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,500||$34,700|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
- Dawson Community College (DCC) was established in 1940 as a public junior college. During the next several decades the junior college underwent several changes, including a separation from the Dawson County High School, a move to the present location, a name change, and an expansion of its mission to become a full service community college. Dawson Community College offers a wide range of transfer programs and vocational degrees along with one year certificates to meet the educational needs of eastern Montana. The college also offers workshops, short courses, and adult education opportunities. Courses are available on campus, online, and by instructional television. The main campus building currently houses the administration, faculty and staff offices, classrooms, laboratories, library, learning center, computer classrooms, student center and lounge, bookstore, community room, gymnasium, and weight room. Dawson Community College athletic programs provide collegiate competition and home town action for the general student body's personal enjoyment. The varsity sports available are men's and women's basketball, men's and women's rodeo, men's baseball, and women's fast pitch softball. Dawson Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 420 students | 70.30 Mi2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City,  MT  59301
- 1,038 students | 90.30 Mi1410 University Ave
Williston,  ND  58801
- 4,002 students | 185.30 Mi1603 Edwards Ave.
Bismarck,  ND  58506
- 4,374 students | 192.70 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
- 1,531 students | 206.30 Mi3803 Central Ave
Billings,  MT  59102