Williamsburg Technical College
- Williamsburg Technical College, a member of the South Carolina Technical and Comprehensive Education system, is a public, two year, associate degree, diploma and certificate granting institution with an average semester enrollment of approximately 625 students serving the county of Williamsburg, South Carolina. The mission of Williamsburg Technical College is to offer quality, affordable and accessible educational opportunities and experiences that enable students to acquire the knowledge and skills to achieve their goals and to encourage economic development in Williamsburg County.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Williamsburg Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||717 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||216 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||501 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,400||$28,900|
- Williamsburg Technical College opened its doors to students during late 1969, representing a new concept in comprehensive education coupled with various supportive services. For the first time in South Carolina, and most particularly Williamsburg County, all the following capabilities and services were available in one concentrated area: technical education, adult education, vocational education for high school students, continuing education for personal enrichment, and the offices of the state Job Service and Vocational Rehabilitation. Williamsburg Technical College is located in Kingstree, South Carolina. Located on 41 acres of land on Highway 377, Williamsburg Technical College is housed in six buildings: an administrative/learning building which contains classrooms, computer laboratories, an industrial laboratory, a physical science laboratory, an auditorium, a student lounge and administrative offices; a technology vocational building containing offices, technical laboratories and classrooms; a learning resources building which houses the Learning Resources Center, classrooms and offices of the Student Services Division; two special activities buildings, one housing temporary office space for welfare–to–work services and the other a greenhouse; and a Special Training Center/Storage Depot. The college offers, to residents of Williamsburg County with varying academic skill levels, the opportunity for postsecondary vocational, technical, and occupational programs leading directly to employment or maintenance of employment in any of the county's manufacturing firms, specializing in textiles, plastics, or metal fabrication. Additionally, Williamsburg Technical College offers postsecondary vocational programs leading directly to employment or maintenance of employment in many of the county's service industries to include cosmetology, nursing, and automotive repair. Associate degree programs are also offered which enable students to gain access through transfer to other postsecondary education. Williamsburg Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Williamsburg Technical College is Central Carolina Technical College (37.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,963 students | 37.00 Mi506 N Guignard Dr
Sumter,  SC  29150
- 878 students | 37.00 Mi200 Miller Rd
Sumter,  SC  29150
- 6,215 students | 40.50 Mi2715 W. Lucas Street
Florence,  SC  29501
- 7,335 students | 45.00 Mi2050 Highway 501 East
Conway,  SC  29526
- 635 students | 50.40 Mi8085 Rivers Ave., Ste E
North Charleston,  SC  29418