Central Carolina Technical College
- Central Carolina Technical College is a comprehensive, public, two-year institution of higher education that is dedicated to fostering a positive environment of teaching and learning for faculty, staff, and students. The College serves primarily the region of Clarendon, Lee, Kershaw, and Sumter counties in South Carolina and confers associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. College programs and student support services provide citizens, businesses, industries, and communities with quality, affordable, accessible, customer-responsive post-secondary education through life-long learning and specialized training opportunities specifically designed to develop the foundation for personal growth, economic development, and an improved quality of life.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Carolina Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,963 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,207 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,756 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,800||$28,900|
- In 1961, a local committee began studying the feasibility of establishing an "industrial training center" to serve Sumter County. The committee's work culminated in 1962 with the passage of the enabling legislation, which created Sumter Area Technical Education Center. In 1971, the institution changed its name to Sumter Area Technical College. In 1989 the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education authorized Sumter Area Technical College to begin offering the Associate in Arts and the Associate in Science degree programs designed specifically for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. With the addition of the transfer programs, Sumter Area Technical College achieved the status of a comprehensive community college. In the fall of 1992, the College changed its name to Central Carolina Technical College to better reflect its service area. In 1998, the College assumed operation of the F. E. DuBose Career Center located in Clarendon County. In 2001, Central Carolina established the Kershaw County Campus in Camden. Central Carolina Technical College serves four counties in South Carolina: Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee and Sumter. To make it as convenient as possible for our students to attend class, we have a location in each of these counties. The main campus of the college is located in Sumter, South Carolina. The campus is comprised of various buildings that house the academic divisions of the College which include Health Sciences, Industrial and Engineering Technology, and Business and General Education. The College's vast array of associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs prepares students to enter the job market, to transfer to senior colleges and universities, and to achieve their professional and personal goals. Specifically, Central Carolina offers academic programs in business, the health sciences, public service, industrial and engineering technology, and the arts and sciences. Through its comprehensive programs and support services, the College annually serves over 4,500 credit students and 10,500 continuing education students in both traditional and non-traditional formats. Central Carolina Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Central Carolina Technical College is University of South Carolina-Sumter (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 878 students | 0.20 Mi200 Miller Rd
Sumter,  SC  29150
- 70 students | 34.40 Mi7500 Two Notch Road
Columbia,  SC  29223
- 3,060 students | 37.60 Mi3250 Saint Matthews Rd
Orangeburg,  SC  29118
- 6,215 students | 38.30 Mi2715 W. Lucas Street
Florence,  SC  29501
- 717 students | 38.30 Mi601 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
Kingstree,  SC  29556