Florence-Darlington Technical College
- The mission of Florence Darlington Technical College is to provide comprehensive technical education, workforce development, and educational services to students, business & industry, and the markets it serves. Through instructional programs, business & industry partnerships, and community involvement, the College will play a major role in the economic development and quality of life of its constituents. The educational experience at Florence-Darlington Technical College will have an international perspective, which will enhance the student's marketability in today's global economy.
|Florence-Darlington Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||55 staff|
- The Florence-Darlington Technical Education Center was established in 1963 and presently serves Florence, Darlington, and Marion counties. The College's initial enrollment of 250 students now exceeds 5,000 curriculum students. Its original campus of less than 10 acres has expanded to nearly 240 acres with a modern complex of eight major buildings totaling nearly 350,000 square feet. The College is in the midst of planning and developing another 325,000 square feet of instructional space entirely devoted to the advanced technology required in today's sophisticated manufacturing environment. The College operates sites in Hartsville, Lake City, and Mullins. The College also operates a large health sciences complex in downtown Florence entirely devoted to careers in the health arena. Florence-Darlington's main campus is located between the cities of Florence and Darlington on U.S. Hwy. 52 and in close proximity to Interstates 95 and 20. The 100-acre campus has eight major buildings. However, plans are in place for the construction of eight technical institutes on a recently purchased 146-acre tract behind the current campus. FDTC continues to offer affordable, quality education in more than 60 fields of study. Acknowledged as the fastest growing institution of higher education in South Carolina during the late 1990s, FDTC's curriculum enrollment is now approaching 5,500 students and its Continuing Education Division enjoys about 30,000 registrations annually. The primary accreditor of Florence-Darlington Technical College is the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,090 students | 32.20 Mi1201 Chesterfield Hwy.
Cheraw,  SC  29520
(843) 921-6900 32.201,090
- 4,697 students | 38.30 Mi506 N Guignard Dr
Sumter,  SC  29150
(803) 778-1961 38.304,697
- 878 students | 38.50 Mi200 Miller Rd
Sumter,  SC  29150
(803) 775-8727 38.50878
- 717 students | 42.20 Mi601 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
Kingstree,  SC  29556
(843) 355-4110 42.20717
- 2,531 students | 46.10 Mi1042 W Hamlet Ave
Hamlet,  NC  28345
(910) 410-1700 46.102,531