Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Since its creation in 1966, Horry-Georgetown Technical College has continued to provide post-secondary vocational, technical, and occupational certificate, diploma and associate degree programs leading directly to securing or continuing employment; associate degree programs which enable students to gain access to other post-secondary education; and continuing education classes, programs, and services which meet the job training, occupational advancement, and lifelong learning needs of the residents and employers in its service area.
- The teacher population of 222 teachers has declined by 17% over five years.
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||222 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,335 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,973 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,362 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.42||0.54|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$28,900|
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a comprehensive technical and community college, with four campuses located across the service area. The Conway Campus is the original and remains the main campus of the College. It is located in the incorporated area of the City of Conway on a 55-acre site. The Conway Campus provides accessible and affordable educational opportunities in career education and occupational preparation, university parallel studies, developmental education and community education and training. Specialized programs of career study offered on the Conway Campus include: Golf Course Management, Turf Equipment Technician, Engineering Technologies, Computer/Information Systems Technology, Office Systems Technology, Culinary Arts Technology, Nursing and Health Science, Business, Electronics Technology, and all University Parallel disciplines. Through the offerings at the Conway Campus, the College awards the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, and Technical Certificate credentials as well as various professional certifications. The Campus takes college-wide leadership in Health Science Technology career areas as well as University Parallel and General Studies, and for most student support services, federal/state grants, Learning Resources, distance education and administrative and information support operations. Offering more than 60 associate degree, diploma and certificate programs, as well as a diverse and rapidly-expanding list of corporate and business training options through our Workforce Development and Continuing Education Division, HGTC has built an international reputation for preparing the finest graduates and employees to meet the needs of business, industry and government.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 251 students | 12.30 Mi3268 Waccamaw Blvd.
Myrtle Beach,  SC  29579
- 1,403 students | 37.20 Mi4564 Chadbourn Hwy
Whiteville,  NC  28472
- 717 students | 45.00 Mi601 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
Kingstree,  SC  29556
- 1,814 students | 49.80 Mi50 College Rd
Bolivia,  NC  28422
- 6,215 students | 50.60 Mi2715 W. Lucas Street
Florence,  SC  29501