Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Since its creation in 1966, Horry-Georgetown Technical College has continued to provide post-secondary vocational, technical, and occupational certificate, diploma and associate degree programs leading directly to securing or continuing employment; associate degree programs which enable students to gain access to other post-secondary education; and continuing education classes, programs, and services which meet the job training, occupational advancement, and lifelong learning needs of the residents and employers in its service area.
- The teacher population of 222 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||222 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,335 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,973 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,362 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a comprehensive technical and community college, with four campuses located across the service area. The Conway Campus is the original and remains the main campus of the College. It is located in the incorporated area of the City of Conway on a 55-acre site. The Conway Campus provides accessible and affordable educational opportunities in career education and occupational preparation, university parallel studies, developmental education and community education and training. Specialized programs of career study offered on the Conway Campus include: Golf Course Management, Turf Equipment Technician, Engineering Technologies, Computer/Information Systems Technology, Office Systems Technology, Culinary Arts Technology, Nursing and Health Science, Business, Electronics Technology, and all University Parallel disciplines. Through the offerings at the Conway Campus, the College awards the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, and Technical Certificate credentials as well as various professional certifications. The Campus takes college-wide leadership in Health Science Technology career areas as well as University Parallel and General Studies, and for most student support services, federal/state grants, Learning Resources, distance education and administrative and information support operations. Offering more than 60 associate degree, diploma and certificate programs, as well as a diverse and rapidly-expanding list of corporate and business training options through our Workforce Development and Continuing Education Division, HGTC has built an international reputation for preparing the finest graduates and employees to meet the needs of business, industry and government.
- The nearest community college to Horry-Georgetown Technical College is Golf Academy of America-Myrtle Beach (12.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 251 students | 12.30 Mi3268 Waccamaw Blvd.
Myrtle Beach,  SC  29579
- 1,403 students | 37.20 Mi4564 Chadbourn Hwy
Whiteville,  NC  28472
- 717 students | 45.00 Mi601 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
Kingstree,  SC  29556
- 1,814 students | 49.80 Mi50 College Rd
Bolivia,  NC  28422
- 6,215 students | 50.60 Mi2715 W. Lucas Street
Florence,  SC  29501
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.