Utica School of Commerce (Closed 2016)
- The Utica School of Commerce is incorporated as Utica School of Commerce, Inc. under the laws of New York State. The Utica School of Commerce is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and is authorized to confer the degrees of Associate in Occupational Studies and Associate in Applied Science on graduates of approved two-year programs.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 21% over five years.
|Utica School of Commerce||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||158 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Utica School of Commerce was founded by Thomas J. Risinger in 1896 in response to an early demand for specialized training in commerce and finance. The Utica School of Commerce, at its founding in 1896, was located on the third floor of the Oneida National Bank Building on the corner of Genesee and Bleecker Streets. In 1915, the school expanded its facilities and moved to the Mayro Building in which it had its facilities for 63 years. On September 1, 1978, the Utica School of Commerce moved to its current location at 201 Bleecker Street. In February, 1985, the Utica School of Commerce opened its Madison County Branch at the Washington Avenue Community Center in Oneida, and in March, 1986, moved to the New York State Jaycees' Building on Route 5 in Canastota. The College opened its new campus adjacent to the Jaycees' Building in September, 1992. USC opened its Oneonta Branch in September 1985, in the New York Telephone Company Building at 17 Elm Street, Oneonta. The Utica School of Commerce was founded in response to an early demand for specialized training. USC offers various programs registered by NY State Department of Education including Business Administration, Administrative Specialist, Health Services Management, Microcomputer Technologies, Legal Office Assistant and several Certificate Programs. The Utica School of Commerce is one of the originators of private business college education in New York. USC continues to provide a friendly spirit, modern facilities and equipment, and a faculty dedicated to preparing students for high standards in a successful career.
The nearest community college to Utica School of Commerce is Mohawk Valley Community College (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,007 students | 1.80 Mi1101 Sherman Dr
Utica, NY 13501
(315) 792-5400 1.806,007
- 181 students | 2.30 Mi2215 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13501
(315) 801-8253 2.30181
- 2,398 students | 12.60 Mi100 Reservoir Rd
Herkimer, NY 13350
(315) 866-0300 12.602,398
- 2,781 students | 25.50 Mi80 Eaton Street
Morrisville, NY 13408
(315) 684-6000 25.502,781
- 865 students | 33.70 Mi22 Sullivan St
Cazenovia, NY 13035
(800) 654-3210 33.70865
You've graduated from community college - now what? Keep reading to learn what to do after you've finished college.
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.