University of South Carolina-Union
- The University of South Carolina Union is a public multidimensional learning center of the University of South Carolina system chartered to serve seven rural counties, and committed to providing outreach, broad access, and a full range of USC programs and services.
- Enrollment: 1,153 students
- In-state tuition: $6,686
- Out-state tuition: $16,130
- Acceptance Rate: 92%
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 33%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The University of South Carolina at Union was one of the first Regional Campuses established by The Univsersity of South Carolina. For over thirty years USC Union has provided low-cost, fully-accredited courses which satisfy the degree requirements at USC and at other colleges and universities. USC Union provides students with personal attention, small classes, financial aid opportunities, and co-curricular activities. The campus, which is located on East Main Street (Highway 49, east), consists of four buildings. The Main Building, that was beautifully restored in 1991, houses classrooms, administrative offices, science laboratories, the students lounge, the auditorium. The Central Building, that was renovated in 1988, houses classrooms, the central administrative offices, and the library. The Truluck Activity Center provides space for recreational and social activities. USCU confers the associate degree in science and in arts. USC Union also offers the courses which allow a student to complete USC Columbia's Bachelor of Arts Organizational Leadership and Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies. In addition to traditional courses, USCU offers a variety of courses through USC Distance Education. These courses are offered through videocassette and both open-circuit and closed-circuit television. Distance education also allows students to complete graduate programs through the Graduate Regional Studies (GRS) program.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of South Carolina-Union cost?
University of South Carolina-Union's tuition is approximately $6,686 for In-State students and $16,130 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of University of South Carolina-Union?
The acceptance rate of University of South Carolina-Union is 92%, which is higher than the state average of 82%.
What is University of South Carolina-Union's ranking?
University of South Carolina-Union ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Carolina for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.