University of South Carolina-Union
Tel: (864) 429-8728
- The University of South Carolina Union is a public multidimensional learning center of the University of South Carolina system chartered to serve seven rural counties, and committed to providing outreach, broad access, and a full range of USC programs and services.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Union||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||60 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The University of South Carolina at Union was one of the first Regional Campuses established by The Univsersity of South Carolina. For over thirty years USC Union has provided low-cost, fully-accredited courses which satisfy the degree requirements at USC and at other colleges and universities. USC Union provides students with personal attention, small classes, financial aid opportunities, and co-curricular activities. The campus, which is located on East Main Street (Highway 49, east), consists of four buildings. The Main Building, that was beautifully restored in 1991, houses classrooms, administrative offices, science laboratories, the students lounge, the auditorium. The Central Building, that was renovated in 1988, houses classrooms, the central administrative offices, and the library. The Truluck Activity Center provides space for recreational and social activities. USCU confers the associate degree in science and in arts. USC Union also offers the courses which allow a student to complete USC Columbia's Bachelor of Arts Organizational Leadership and Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies. In addition to traditional courses, USCU offers a variety of courses through USC Distance Education. These courses are offered through videocassette and both open-circuit and closed-circuit television. Distance education also allows students to complete graduate programs through the Graduate Regional Studies (GRS) program.
The nearest community college to University of South Carolina-Union is Spartanburg Community College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,534 students | 24.70 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
(864) 592-4500 24.704,534
- 869 students | 25.60 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
(864) 587-4000 25.60869
- 193 students | 35.50 Mi1029 Crawford Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
(803) 327-7402 35.50193
- 4,253 students | 38.50 Mi452 S Anderson Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
(803) 327-8000 38.504,253
- 2,551 students | 39.50 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby,  NC  28152
(704) 669-4136 39.502,551
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.