University of South Carolina-Union
- The University of South Carolina Union is a public multidimensional learning center of the University of South Carolina system chartered to serve seven rural counties, and committed to providing outreach, broad access, and a full range of USC programs and services.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 42% over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Union||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||679 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||254 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||425 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The University of South Carolina at Union was one of the first Regional Campuses established by The Univsersity of South Carolina. For over thirty years USC Union has provided low-cost, fully-accredited courses which satisfy the degree requirements at USC and at other colleges and universities. USC Union provides students with personal attention, small classes, financial aid opportunities, and co-curricular activities. The campus, which is located on East Main Street (Highway 49, east), consists of four buildings. The Main Building, that was beautifully restored in 1991, houses classrooms, administrative offices, science laboratories, the students lounge, the auditorium. The Central Building, that was renovated in 1988, houses classrooms, the central administrative offices, and the library. The Truluck Activity Center provides space for recreational and social activities. USCU confers the associate degree in science and in arts. USC Union also offers the courses which allow a student to complete USC Columbia's Bachelor of Arts Organizational Leadership and Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies. In addition to traditional courses, USCU offers a variety of courses through USC Distance Education. These courses are offered through videocassette and both open-circuit and closed-circuit television. Distance education also allows students to complete graduate programs through the Graduate Regional Studies (GRS) program.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 793 students | 25.80 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
- 5,495 students | 27.60 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
- 194 students | 35.50 Mi1029 Crawford Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
- 5,061 students | 38.50 Mi452 S Anderson Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
- 2,990 students | 39.60 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby,  NC  28152
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.