University of South Carolina-Union
Tel: (864) 429-8728
- The University of South Carolina Union is a public multidimensional learning center of the University of South Carolina system chartered to serve seven rural counties, and committed to providing outreach, broad access, and a full range of USC programs and services.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Union||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The University of South Carolina at Union was one of the first Regional Campuses established by The Univsersity of South Carolina. For over thirty years USC Union has provided low-cost, fully-accredited courses which satisfy the degree requirements at USC and at other colleges and universities. USC Union provides students with personal attention, small classes, financial aid opportunities, and co-curricular activities. The campus, which is located on East Main Street (Highway 49, east), consists of four buildings. The Main Building, that was beautifully restored in 1991, houses classrooms, administrative offices, science laboratories, the students lounge, the auditorium. The Central Building, that was renovated in 1988, houses classrooms, the central administrative offices, and the library. The Truluck Activity Center provides space for recreational and social activities. USCU confers the associate degree in science and in arts. USC Union also offers the courses which allow a student to complete USC Columbia's Bachelor of Arts Organizational Leadership and Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies. In addition to traditional courses, USCU offers a variety of courses through USC Distance Education. These courses are offered through videocassette and both open-circuit and closed-circuit television. Distance education also allows students to complete graduate programs through the Graduate Regional Studies (GRS) program.
The nearest community college to University of South Carolina-Union is Spartanburg Community College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,495 students | 24.70 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
(864) 592-4600 24.705,495
- 793 students | 25.60 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
(864) 587-4000 25.60793
- 194 students | 35.50 Mi1029 Crawford Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
(803) 327-7402 35.50194
- 5,061 students | 38.50 Mi452 S Anderson Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
(803) 327-8000 38.505,061
- 2,990 students | 39.50 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby,  NC  28152
(704) 669-6000 39.502,990
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!