University of South Carolina-Union
- The University of South Carolina Union is a public multidimensional learning center of the University of South Carolina system chartered to serve seven rural counties, and committed to providing outreach, broad access, and a full range of USC programs and services.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 211% over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Union||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||142 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The University of South Carolina at Union was one of the first Regional Campuses established by The Univsersity of South Carolina. For over thirty years USC Union has provided low-cost, fully-accredited courses which satisfy the degree requirements at USC and at other colleges and universities. USC Union provides students with personal attention, small classes, financial aid opportunities, and co-curricular activities. The campus, which is located on East Main Street (Highway 49, east), consists of four buildings. The Main Building, that was beautifully restored in 1991, houses classrooms, administrative offices, science laboratories, the students lounge, the auditorium. The Central Building, that was renovated in 1988, houses classrooms, the central administrative offices, and the library. The Truluck Activity Center provides space for recreational and social activities. USCU confers the associate degree in science and in arts. USC Union also offers the courses which allow a student to complete USC Columbia's Bachelor of Arts Organizational Leadership and Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies. In addition to traditional courses, USCU offers a variety of courses through USC Distance Education. These courses are offered through videocassette and both open-circuit and closed-circuit television. Distance education also allows students to complete graduate programs through the Graduate Regional Studies (GRS) program.
The nearest community college to University of South Carolina-Union is Spartanburg Community College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,633 students | 24.70 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg, SC 29303
(864) 592-4500 24.704,633
- 933 students | 25.60 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301
(864) 587-4000 25.60933
- 190 students | 35.50 Mi1029 Crawford Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 327-7402 35.50190
- 4,529 students | 38.50 Mi452 S Anderson Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 327-8000 38.504,529
- 2,536 students | 39.50 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby, NC 28152
(704) 669-4136 39.502,536
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.