York Technical College
- York Technical College, a member of the South Carolina Technical and Comprehensive Education System, is a public, two-year, associate degree-granting institution. York Technical College seeks to contribute to the economic growth and development of York, Lancaster, and Chester counties and of the State. Through excellence in teaching and partnerships, the College responds to the technical and public service needs of the community. The College has an open admissions policy for qualified students and annually enrolls 5,500 to 6,000 credit students. York Technical College provides opportunities for individuals with diverse backgrounds and ability levels to acquire or upgrade the knowledge and skills necessary in engineering technology, industrial technology, information technology, business, health, or public service employment or for transfer to senior colleges and universities. In addition to teaching technical skills, the College seeks to provide graduates competency in written and oral communication, computer skills, mathematics, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- The teacher population of 190 teachers has declined by 23% over five years.
|York Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||190 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,061 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,482 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,579 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,900||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- York Technical College opened in 1964 as a Technical Education Center and began with 60 students enrolled in seven programs all housed in one building. The College has grown in the past four decades from the initial enrollment to over 4,000 credit students in more than 70 credit programs. The College campus has also grown from one building to 14. In 1974, York County Technical Education Center became York Technical College. In addition to offering academic programs, the College provides continuing education for approximately 7,000 area residents and more than 250 businesses. This translates to about 325,000 contact hours of continuing education. The College offers Associate degrees in university transfer, technical, occupational and vocational. Diplomas and certificates in vocational, technical and occupational field. The college also offers Developmental and remedial education and Custom-designed continuing education for business and industry. The college offers programs in Business, Computer, Arts and Sciences, Health and Human Services and Industrial and Engineering Technologies. York Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 194 students | 3.00 Mi1029 Crawford Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
- 1,129 students | 17.50 MiThree Lakepointe Plaze, 2110 Water Ridge Parkway
Charlotte,  NC  28217
- 1,738 students | 18.10 Mi476 Hubbard Drive
Lancaster,  SC  29720
- 486 students | 20.40 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte,  NC  28203
- 395 students | 21.60 Mi322 Lamar Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!