- Spartanburg Technical College is a public, suburban, two-year comprehensive, open-admission institution of higher education serving the citizens of the upstate counties of Spartanburg, Cherokee and Union in South Carolina. The College advances economic development of the region through programs, services and partnerships that address emerging and continuing employment needs in a rapidly changing global environment. The College promotes lifelong learning and helps students reach their personal and professional goals.
Spartanburg Community College serves 4,108 students (45% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 4,108 students
- In-state tuition: $4,896
- Out-state tuition: $7,956
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 36%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Spartanburg Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 410 teachers has grown by 108% over five years.
Spartanburg Community College
(SC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Spartanburg Community College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five years.
The Spartanburg Community College diversity score of 0.55 is equal to the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,896 is less than the state average of $5,692. The in-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,956 is less than the state average of $10,568. The out-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Spartanburg Technical College has been a leading provider of technical higher education in beautiful upstate South Carolina since the mid 1960s. We now offer over 60 programs of study. Being your community college is a privilege. In order for you to compete in today's work force, we want to provide you with education you need and want at an affordable cost. Whether it's an associate's degree in a technical field, the first two years of a bachelor's degree through our University Transfer Program, a certification course for employment, or a continuing education class for personal enrichment, we strive to meet your lifelong learning goals. Academic Programs offered by Spartanburg Technical College includes Transitional Studies, Dental Assisting, Radiation Therapy, University Transfer, Early Childhood Radiography, Horticulture, Math Department, Respiratory Care, Computer Technology, Health Unit Coordinating, Surgical Technology, Accounting, Pharmacy Technician, Pre-Occupational Therapy Assistant (Phase I), Culinary Arts, Interpreting, Commercial Graphics, Automotive Technology, Industrial Electronics, Machine Tool, Management, Therapeutic Massage, Civil Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Medical Assisting, Social Sciences, Welding, HVAC, Science Department, Humanities, Arts and Language Department, Office Systems, General Engineering Technology, Associate Degree in Nursing, Engineering Graphics Technology, Phlebotomy Technician and Pre-Physical Therapy Assistant (Phase I). This is a partial listing of Academic Programs offered by Spartanburg Technical College. Each year over 15,000 citizens utilize our services for credit and non-credit classes. Through today's technology, we offer a variety of course delivery: everything from traditional classroom settings on our main campus, technical instruction at your work place, or virtual instruction using the Internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Spartanburg Community College cost?
Spartanburg Community College's tuition is approximately $4,896 for In-State students and $7,956 for Out-State students.
What is Spartanburg Community College's ranking?
Spartanburg Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Carolina for: Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.