The Art Institutes International-Minnesota (Closed 2019)
- The mission of The Art Institutes International Minnesota is to provide postsecondary creative and applied arts education in a caring, inspiring environment where students who actively participate can maximize their creativity, enhance professional development, and acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a career in their field of study.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has declined by 68% over five years.
|The Art Institutes International-Minnesota||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||45 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||932 students||1,302 students|
|# Full-Time Students||667 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||265 students||534 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,500||$35,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Conveniently located in downtown Minneapolis, The Art Institutes International Minnesota helps prepare students for careers in the visual and practical arts. The Art Institutes International Minnesota was founded in 1964 by Petrena Lowthian, who came from London to establish what was to become Lowthian College. The school offered post-secondary educational programs of study. In 1981, the institution was authorized to award the Associate of Applied Science degree and in 2000, the institution was granted approval to award the Bachelor of Science degree. Graduates are trained for entry-level positions in their chosen fields through curricula that emphasize actual job skills needed in the field. Courses are taught by faculty, many of whom are or have been working professionals in an environment that encourages free expression, leadership, and responsible decision making. The Art Institutes International Minnesota (Ai Minnesota) includes over 100,000 square feet at our location at Minneapolis. In addition to classrooms, studios, laboratories, offices, student lounges, a learning resource center, and an exhibition gallery, The Art Institutes International Minnesota maintains an art supply store for the convenience of students. Equipment provided at The Art Institutes International Minnesota is specific to the program of study and includes computers, workstations, printers, software, photo, video, and audio equipment. Faculty and staff of The Art Institutes International Minnesota believe in the worth and potential of each student and strive to provide quality programs and services that foster development of that worth and potential. Our students are creative, competitive, and open to new ideas. They place great value on an education that prepares them for a challenging career and a lifetime of personal and professional opportunity. Relating to students at a personal level is emphasized. A qualified staff of financial planners, employment assistance advisors, and counselors is committed to providing students with the individualized services they require in order to complete their programs successfully. Each student has an academic advisor who helps devise career strategies and choose courses consistent with career goals.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 164 students | 0.20 MiIDS Center, 80 South 8th Street, Suite 51
Minneapolis,  MN  55402
- 9,237 students | 0.40 Mi1501 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
- 243 students | 0.60 Mi300 North 1st Ave, Suite 500
Minneapolis,  MN  55401
- 1,070 students | 0.70 Mi818 Dunwoody Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
- 231 students | 5.50 Mi1711 W County Rd B
Saint Paul,  MN  55113
June 20, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 20, 2018
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.