Minneapolis Community and Technical College
Tel: (612) 659-6000
Minneapolis Community and Technical College Photo #2 - View of Minneapolis skyline from T Building window.
- Minneapolis College is a public 2-year college located in downtown Minneapolis. Minneapolis College enrolls nearly 10,000 credit students annually and is an active partner in initiatives designed to strengthen the social, economic and cultural vitality of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Created in 1996, and a member of Minnesota State, Minneapolis College is the result of the merger of 2 institutions: a technical college with a long history of vocational education dating back to 1914 and an open-enrollment community college established in 1965.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Minnesota for:
|Minneapolis Community and Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||73 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||100|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3 Legged Frog- Environmental Club, Addiction Counseling Club, American Sign Language Club, Anime Club, Basketball Club, Bike Collective, Christian Student Association, City College News- Studnet Newspaper, Cyber Defense, Flag Football Club, Math Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, PRIDE Club, Raíces Unidas, SkillsUSA, Soccer Club, Student Nurses Association, Student Senate, Students Against Hunger & Homelessness, United Nations of Indian Tribes for Education, Urban Farm Collective, Voyageur Outward Bound - Outdoor Adventures Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Jazz Ensemble, Theater
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Minneapolis Community and Technical College is Dunwoody College of Technology (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,316 students | 0.30 Mi818 Dunwoody Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612) 374-5800 0.301,316
- 164 students | 0.70 MiIDS Center, 80 South 8th Street, Suite 51
Minneapolis, MN 55402
(612) 455-3000 0.70164
- 203 students | 1.20 Mi300 North 1st Ave, Suite 500
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 375-1900 1.20203
- 328 students | 5.90 Mi435 Ford Road St. Louis Park
Minnesota, MN 55426
(763) 535-3000 5.90328
- 438 students | 5.90 Mi435 Ford Road, Suite 1000
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
(763) 535-3000 5.90438
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.