- Students are often surprised at what they find at Herzing University: An individualized approach to exploring their career choice in gaining admission to the University; small classes where instructors and staff know their names; demanding and confidence-building coursework; and people that truly care about their success. It probably comes as no surprise that Herzing students build strong and lasting bonds with their teachers and fellow classmates by the end of their programs at Herzing. Located in the northwest suburbs of the Twin Cities, the Minneapolis Campus has prepared students for dynamic careers in technology, business and the growing field of healthcare. Year in and year out, our graduates have exceeded the expectations of employers in the area and throughout the U.S. Our focused degree programs concentrate on skills necessary to succeed every day in the fields of technology, business, and healthcare.
Herzing University-Minneapolis places among the top 20% of community colleges in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 32% over five years.
|Herzing University-Minneapolis||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||33 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||375 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||206 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||169 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Herzing University-Minneapolis is Herzing University Minneapolis (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 328 students | 0.00 Mi435 Ford Road St. Louis Park
Minnesota,  MN  55426
- 7,409 students | 3.20 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 7,384 students | 3.40 Mi7411 85th Ave N
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 243 students | 6.70 Mi300 North 1st Ave, Suite 500
Minneapolis,  MN  55401
- 1,070 students | 6.80 Mi818 Dunwoody Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.