Dunwoody College of Technology
- Enrollment: 1,358 students
- Private-state tuition: $22,938
- Acceptance Rate: 97%
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 23%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Dunwoody College of Technology ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1914, Dunwoody College of Technology is the only private, nonprofit technical college in the Upper Midwest. Dunwoody College teaches problem solving and critical thinking along with practical, real-world skills that are much sought after by business and industry. It’s a rigorous style of hands-on, applied learning that requires discipline and personal responsibility. The emphasis is on understanding the basic theory and skills in lecture courses and then getting practice applying those skills in hands-on lab work with labs and shops that use equipment and processes that mirror what is found in industry. The College also fosters such values as work ethic, teamwork and punctuality. It prepares graduates to enter the diverse, performance-oriented, and modern workplace by requiring students to take Arts & Sciences courses in addition to technical curriculum. This applied approach to learning has been part of Dunwoody since its’ founding in 1914 and was championed by the College’s first director Charles Prosser, who is known as the father of vocational education in the United States.
- Class sizes at Dunwoody are small so that instructors have time to get to know their students and provide individual attention. The relatively small size of the full-time student body provides opportunities for students to be personally involved in their school and encourages them to get to know their classmates. Dunwoody’s close relationship with local industry professionals means that students have direct interaction with standard industry practices as well as innovations in the field through field trips, internships and guest speakers. Shops, studios and laboratories are furnished with tools, software and other equipment typical of the industries that employ Dunwoody graduates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Dunwoody College of Technology cost?
Dunwoody College of Technology's private state tuition is approximately $22,938.
What is the acceptance rate of Dunwoody College of Technology?
The acceptance rate of Dunwoody College of Technology is 97%, which is higher than the state average of 80%.
What is Dunwoody College of Technology's ranking?
Dunwoody College of Technology ranks among the top 20% of community college in Minnesota for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Highest completion rates.