The Art Institute of New York City (Closed 2017)
- The Art Institute of New York City is a leading institution for career preparation in graphic design, web design & interactive media, digital filmmaking, fashion design, fashion merchandising and marketing, and interior design. The Art Institute of New York City is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The Art Institute of New York City||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||53 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||898 students||1,701 students|
|# Full-Time Students||685 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||213 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,400||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Art Institute of New York City is one of The Art Institutes (www.artinstitutes.edu), a system of over 45 education institutions located throughout North America, providing an important source of design, media arts, fashion and culinary professionals. The parent company of The Art Institutes, Education Management Corporation (www.edumgt.com) is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America.
- The nearest community college to The Art Institute of New York City is CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 26,606 students | 0.40 Mi199 Chambers St
New York,  NY  10007
- 490 students | 0.40 Mi500 7th Ave
New York,  NY  10018
- 110 students | 0.40 Mi80 Eighth Ave Rm 400
New York,  NY  10011
- 545 students | 0.50 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10007
- n/a students | 0.60 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.