Farmingdale State College
- Farmingdale State College plays a critical role not just in teaching its students, but in shaping them. At Farmingdale, you will enjoy small, personalized classes that prepare you for a successful career through the use of real-world technologies and critical thinking. Whether it's working alongside award-winning faculty in a research laboratory or experiencing a hands-on internship, Farmingdale is a place where knowledge is a path to achievement and discovery. The College prepares students to be real-life problem solvers in traditional as well as emerging fields so that, upon graduation, their contributions to the economic vitality of the region, state, and nation are demonstrated. The educational experience at the College is centered on building a foundation of knowledge along with an appreciation of culture, ethics, aesthetics, and diversity that empowers the graduate for continuous intellectual and personal development throughout life. The dedicated faculty and staff create a supportive environment in which teaching and learning take place through research and service.
Farmingdale State College places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 381 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Farmingdale State College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||381 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,394 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,287 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,107 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||600||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$52,100||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Farmingdale State College is SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 240 students | 1.80 Mi320 S. Service Road
Melville,  NY  11747
- 687 students | 4.20 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 103 students | 5.60 Mi128 Broadway Rte 110
Amityville,  NY  11701
- 851 students | 5.80 Mi6801 Jericho Tpk
Syosset,  NY  11791
- 22,374 students | 8.50 MiOne Education Dr
Garden City,  NY  11530
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.