Farmingdale State College
- Farmingdale State College plays a critical role not just in teaching its students, but in shaping them. At Farmingdale, you will enjoy small, personalized classes that prepare you for a successful career through the use of real-world technologies and critical thinking. Whether it's working alongside award-winning faculty in a research laboratory or experiencing a hands-on internship, Farmingdale is a place where knowledge is a path to achievement and discovery. The College prepares students to be real-life problem solvers in traditional as well as emerging fields so that, upon graduation, their contributions to the economic vitality of the region, state, and nation are demonstrated. The educational experience at the College is centered on building a foundation of knowledge along with an appreciation of culture, ethics, aesthetics, and diversity that empowers the graduate for continuous intellectual and personal development throughout life. The dedicated faculty and staff create a supportive environment in which teaching and learning take place through research and service.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 10,018 students
- In-state tuition: $7,483
- Out-state tuition: $17,133
- Acceptance Rate: 60%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 45%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Farmingdale State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Farmingdale State College cost?
Farmingdale State College's tuition is approximately $7,483 for In-State students and $17,133 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Farmingdale State College?
The acceptance rate of Farmingdale State College is 60%, which is lower than the state average of 72%.
What is Farmingdale State College's ranking?
Farmingdale State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).