SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown
- Our career-oriented school, located on Long Island, provides students with a comprehensive curriculum by embracing traditional practices and combining them with contemporary ideas. At Katharine Gibbs School - Melville, we are dedicated to providing students with the best educational experience possible.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
|SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||240 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||210 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||30 students||525 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Katharine Gibbs School Melville on Long Island New York provides quality educational programs for our students. In order to give students the tools they need to begin a successful career, the curriculum is structured to emulate real-world situations. Plus, our experienced instructors keep up with current industry trends to maintain a relevant curriculum. Our programs are designed to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional students by offering day, evening, and weekend classes, as we are dedicated to serve those students seeking a solid foundation for their future. We provide specialized Associate degrees in Business Administration, Computer Network Operations, Criminal Justice, Digital Film, Graphic Design, Health Care Administration - Long Term Care, Office Administration - Business, Office Administration - Medical, Office Administration - Legal, Network Systems Security, Game and Web Design and Certificate Programs in Computer Technical Support. To promote dynamic discussion within the classroom, we maintain small class sizes so students receive the personal attention they deserve. Our skilled faculty and staff at Katharine Gibbs School - Melville has the desire to take an active role in each student's personal growth and career goals.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,394 students | 1.80 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 687 students | 2.60 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 1,719 students | 4.10 Mi1055 Stewart Ave
Bethpage,  NY  11714
- 851 students | 5.80 Mi6801 Jericho Tpk
Syosset,  NY  11791
- 103 students | 7.10 Mi128 Broadway Rte 110
Amityville,  NY  11701
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.