- Our career-oriented school, located on Long Island, provides students with a comprehensive curriculum by embracing traditional practices and combining them with contemporary ideas. At Katharine Gibbs School - Melville, we are dedicated to providing students with the best educational experience possible.
SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown serves 240 students (88% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 94% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 240 students
- Private-state tuition: $8,853
- Acceptance Rate: 25%
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 94%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Private, for profit
The student population of SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown diversity score of 0.98 is more than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $8,853 is less than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has declined by 21% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Katharine Gibbs School Melville on Long Island New York provides quality educational programs for our students. In order to give students the tools they need to begin a successful career, the curriculum is structured to emulate real-world situations. Plus, our experienced instructors keep up with current industry trends to maintain a relevant curriculum. Our programs are designed to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional students by offering day, evening, and weekend classes, as we are dedicated to serve those students seeking a solid foundation for their future. We provide specialized Associate degrees in Business Administration, Computer Network Operations, Criminal Justice, Digital Film, Graphic Design, Health Care Administration - Long Term Care, Office Administration - Business, Office Administration - Medical, Office Administration - Legal, Network Systems Security, Game and Web Design and Certificate Programs in Computer Technical Support. To promote dynamic discussion within the classroom, we maintain small class sizes so students receive the personal attention they deserve. Our skilled faculty and staff at Katharine Gibbs School - Melville has the desire to take an active role in each student's personal growth and career goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown cost?
SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown's private state tuition is approximately $8,853.
What schools are SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown often compared to?
SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brownis often viewed alongside schools like CUNY LaGuardia Community College, Long Island Business Institute by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown?
The acceptance rate of SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown is 25%, which is lower than the state average of 69%.
What is SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown's ranking?
SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown, Highest completion rates and Least debt for graduating students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.