SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown
- Our career-oriented school, located on Long Island, provides students with a comprehensive curriculum by embracing traditional practices and combining them with contemporary ideas. At Katharine Gibbs School - Melville, we are dedicated to providing students with the best educational experience possible.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||240 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||210 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||30 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Katharine Gibbs School Melville on Long Island New York provides quality educational programs for our students. In order to give students the tools they need to begin a successful career, the curriculum is structured to emulate real-world situations. Plus, our experienced instructors keep up with current industry trends to maintain a relevant curriculum. Our programs are designed to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional students by offering day, evening, and weekend classes, as we are dedicated to serve those students seeking a solid foundation for their future. We provide specialized Associate degrees in Business Administration, Computer Network Operations, Criminal Justice, Digital Film, Graphic Design, Health Care Administration - Long Term Care, Office Administration - Business, Office Administration - Medical, Office Administration - Legal, Network Systems Security, Game and Web Design and Certificate Programs in Computer Technical Support. To promote dynamic discussion within the classroom, we maintain small class sizes so students receive the personal attention they deserve. Our skilled faculty and staff at Katharine Gibbs School - Melville has the desire to take an active role in each student's personal growth and career goals.
- The nearest community college to SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown is Farmingdale State College (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,394 students | 1.80 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 687 students | 2.60 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 851 students | 5.70 Mi6801 Jericho Tpk
Syosset,  NY  11791
- 103 students | 7.10 Mi128 Broadway Rte 110
Amityville,  NY  11701
- 22,374 students | 12.30 MiOne Education Dr
Garden City,  NY  11530
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.