SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown
- Our career-oriented school, located on Long Island, provides students with a comprehensive curriculum by embracing traditional practices and combining them with contemporary ideas. At Katharine Gibbs School - Melville, we are dedicated to providing students with the best educational experience possible.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||240 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||210 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||30 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Katharine Gibbs School Melville on Long Island New York provides quality educational programs for our students. In order to give students the tools they need to begin a successful career, the curriculum is structured to emulate real-world situations. Plus, our experienced instructors keep up with current industry trends to maintain a relevant curriculum. Our programs are designed to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional students by offering day, evening, and weekend classes, as we are dedicated to serve those students seeking a solid foundation for their future. We provide specialized Associate degrees in Business Administration, Computer Network Operations, Criminal Justice, Digital Film, Graphic Design, Health Care Administration - Long Term Care, Office Administration - Business, Office Administration - Medical, Office Administration - Legal, Network Systems Security, Game and Web Design and Certificate Programs in Computer Technical Support. To promote dynamic discussion within the classroom, we maintain small class sizes so students receive the personal attention they deserve. Our skilled faculty and staff at Katharine Gibbs School - Melville has the desire to take an active role in each student's personal growth and career goals.
- The nearest community college to SBI Campus-An Affiliate of Sanford-Brown is Farmingdale State College (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,394 students | 1.80 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 687 students | 2.60 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 851 students | 5.80 Mi6801 Jericho Tpk
Syosset,  NY  11791
- 103 students | 7.10 Mi128 Broadway Rte 110
Amityville,  NY  11701
- 22,374 students | 9.80 MiOne Education Dr
Garden City,  NY  11530
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.