Island Drafting and Technical Institute
- Island Drafting and Technical Institute was founded in 1957, and is staffed by faculty members who have had professional and practical experience in the Engineering, Architectural, CADD (Computer Aided Drafting/Design) and Computer and Electronics fields. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology, and is authorized to confer two-year Associate degrees by the New York State Board of Regents.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Island Drafting and Technical Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||103 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||103 students||1,163 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,600||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our aim is to graduate students well-trained and technically qualified so that they may enter their chosen field or continue their education at the baccalaureate or higher level. Island Drafting and Technical Institute has over 45 years of leadership and experience in preparing Long Islanders for careers. We have stayed abreast of the latest developments in the industry, and we have continued to provide the personal attention students need to succeed. IDTI also offers to industry, as well as to individual job-holders, skills training to improve on-the-job capabilities. Programs can be custom-designed for particular companies, in addition to the extensive program offerings regularly available. Island Drafting and Technical Institute was recently re-accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). IDTI has been accredited by the ACCSCT and by its predecessor organization, the Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools, since 1967.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,394 students | 5.60 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 1,719 students | 6.90 Mi1055 Stewart Ave
Bethpage,  NY  11714
- 240 students | 7.10 Mi320 S. Service Road
Melville,  NY  11747
- 687 students | 8.60 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 22,374 students | 9.90 MiOne Education Dr
Garden City,  NY  11530
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!