- Island Drafting and Technical Institute was founded in 1957, and is staffed by faculty members who have had professional and practical experience in the Engineering, Architectural, CADD (Computer Aided Drafting/Design) and Computer and Electronics fields. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology, and is authorized to confer two-year Associate degrees by the New York State Board of Regents.
- Enrollment: 86 students
- In-state tuition: $18,000
- Out-state tuition: $18,000
- Acceptance Rate: 93%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 45%
- Source: Verified school update
Island Drafting and Technical Institute ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our aim is to graduate students well-trained and technically qualified so that they may enter their chosen field or continue their education at the baccalaureate or higher level. Island Drafting and Technical Institute has over 45 years of leadership and experience in preparing Long Islanders for careers. We have stayed abreast of the latest developments in the industry, and we have continued to provide the personal attention students need to succeed. IDTI also offers to industry, as well as to individual job-holders, skills training to improve on-the-job capabilities. Programs can be custom-designed for particular companies, in addition to the extensive program offerings regularly available. Island Drafting and Technical Institute was recently re-accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). IDTI has been accredited by the ACCSCT and by its predecessor organization, the Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools, since 1967.