Island Drafting and Technical Institute
- Island Drafting and Technical Institute was founded in 1957, and is staffed by faculty members who have had professional and practical experience in the Engineering, Architectural, CADD (Computer Aided Drafting/Design) and Computer and Electronics fields. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology, and is authorized to confer two-year Associate degrees by the New York State Board of Regents.
Top Placements (New York)
Listed among the top community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Island Drafting and Technical Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||103 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||103 students||1,163 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,600||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our aim is to graduate students well-trained and technically qualified so that they may enter their chosen field or continue their education at the baccalaureate or higher level. Island Drafting and Technical Institute has over 45 years of leadership and experience in preparing Long Islanders for careers. We have stayed abreast of the latest developments in the industry, and we have continued to provide the personal attention students need to succeed. IDTI also offers to industry, as well as to individual job-holders, skills training to improve on-the-job capabilities. Programs can be custom-designed for particular companies, in addition to the extensive program offerings regularly available. Island Drafting and Technical Institute was recently re-accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). IDTI has been accredited by the ACCSCT and by its predecessor organization, the Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools, since 1967.
- The nearest community college to Island Drafting and Technical Institute is Farmingdale State College (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,394 students | 5.60 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 1,719 students | 6.90 Mi1055 Stewart Ave
Bethpage,  NY  11714
- 240 students | 7.10 Mi320 S. Service Road
Melville,  NY  11747
- 687 students | 8.60 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 22,374 students | 9.90 MiOne Education Dr
Garden City,  NY  11530
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.