Southern University at Shreveport
- Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University System, seeks to provide a quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates and associate degrees; and, offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.
- Enrollment: 3,013 students
- In-state tuition: $3,634
- Out-state tuition: $3,634
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 93%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In 1967, Southern University at Shreveport made its humble beginnings here, on what is now called the Martin Luther King, Jr. Campus. From the beginning, the priority has been to aid people from diverse backgrounds to improve the quality of their lives and become contributing participants in this community's cultural and economic development. As the needs of the Shreveport/Bossier City metropolitan area have changed over the years, so has the Southern University at Shreveport campus and its role as an active participant in raising the level of excellence for the community. Southern University at Shreveport offers a wide array of courses designed to facilitate admission to four-year senior institutions, address the needs of the work force development community, upgrade your skills in the latest trends in business and industry through credit and non-credit courses, provide short-range training programs designed for the working professional, or simply enhance your learning for the joy of it. Southern University has two additional locations to serve the educational needs of the community: the Downtown Metro Center providing state-of-the-art allied health programs, and the Aerospace Technology Center that houses the FAA-approved Aerospace Technology and Maintenance programs. We also offer nationally recognized programs in Nursing, Radiologic Technology and Dental Hygiene. Couple the multitude of academic, social and personal services offered by the University with the beautiful scenery unique to the Martin Luther King Campus, and you have an educational environment that is beyond comparison. Southern University at Shreveport is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Southern University at Shreveport cost?
Southern University at Shreveport's tuition is approximately $3,634 for In-State students and $3,634 for Out-State students.