Texas State Technical College-Marshall
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (903) 935-1010
- Texas State Technical College Marshall (TSTC) is a coeducational, two-year, public technical college within the Texas State Technical College System. The College offers programs of study leading to Technical Skills Mastery Certificates (TSMC), Certificates of Completion and Associate of Applied Science degrees. These educational programs include preparation for high demand, advanced, and emerging technology fields; developmental education; and general education courses in the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. The College provides a comprehensive teaching and learning environment with a constant focus on individual student achievement and skill enhancement. The College cultivates student-focused strategic partnerships with school districts, colleges, universities and employers and provides supportive transitions through articulated educational and professional pathways. TSTC offers certificates and associates degrees leading to exciting careers in advanced technical fields. While the TSTC curriculum is rigorous and demanding, success is within reach. TSTC faculty rely on recent, relevant industry experience to guide students through applied learning in small classes and labs. TSTC staff demonstrates their caring attitude with quick response to every customer need. At TSTC, students, businesses, and communities work together with faculty and staff to achieve success.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 32% over five years.
|Texas State Technical College-Marshall||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||262 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Texas State Technical College-Marshall is Panola College (25.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,599 students | 25.00 Mi1109 W Panola Street
Carthage, TX 75633
(903) 693-2000 25.002,599
- 2,932 students | 28.50 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport, LA 71107
(318) 670-6000 28.502,932
- 5,584 students | 31.70 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore, TX 75662
(903) 984-8531 31.705,584
- 353 students | 33.60 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport, LA 71107
(318) 676-7811 33.60353
- 301 students | 33.70 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71101
(318) 671-4000 33.70301
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.