Texas State Technical College-Marshall
- Texas State Technical College Marshall (TSTC) is a coeducational, two-year, public technical college within the Texas State Technical College System. The College offers programs of study leading to Technical Skills Mastery Certificates (TSMC), Certificates of Completion and Associate of Applied Science degrees. These educational programs include preparation for high demand, advanced, and emerging technology fields; developmental education; and general education courses in the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. The College provides a comprehensive teaching and learning environment with a constant focus on individual student achievement and skill enhancement. The College cultivates student-focused strategic partnerships with school districts, colleges, universities and employers and provides supportive transitions through articulated educational and professional pathways. TSTC offers certificates and associates degrees leading to exciting careers in advanced technical fields. While the TSTC curriculum is rigorous and demanding, success is within reach. TSTC faculty rely on recent, relevant industry experience to guide students through applied learning in small classes and labs. TSTC staff demonstrates their caring attitude with quick response to every customer need. At TSTC, students, businesses, and communities work together with faculty and staff to achieve success.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Texas State Technical College-Marshall||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||858 students||3,921 students|
|# Full-Time Students||367 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||491 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||202||252|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Texas State Technical College-Marshall is Panola College (28.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,579 students | 28.30 Mi1109 W Panola St
Carthage,  TX  75633
- 2,952 students | 29.90 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 5,768 students | 33.30 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore,  TX  75662
- 353 students | 33.30 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 291 students | 34.30 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.