Texas State Technical College-Marshall
- Texas State Technical College Marshall (TSTC) is a coeducational, two-year, public technical college within the Texas State Technical College System. The College offers programs of study leading to Technical Skills Mastery Certificates (TSMC), Certificates of Completion and Associate of Applied Science degrees. These educational programs include preparation for high demand, advanced, and emerging technology fields; developmental education; and general education courses in the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. The College provides a comprehensive teaching and learning environment with a constant focus on individual student achievement and skill enhancement. The College cultivates student-focused strategic partnerships with school districts, colleges, universities and employers and provides supportive transitions through articulated educational and professional pathways. TSTC offers certificates and associates degrees leading to exciting careers in advanced technical fields. While the TSTC curriculum is rigorous and demanding, success is within reach. TSTC faculty rely on recent, relevant industry experience to guide students through applied learning in small classes and labs. TSTC staff demonstrates their caring attitude with quick response to every customer need. At TSTC, students, businesses, and communities work together with faculty and staff to achieve success.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 32% over five years.
|Texas State Technical College-Marshall||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||858 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||367 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||491 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||202||264|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,579 students | 28.30 Mi1109 W Panola St
Carthage,  TX  75633
- 2,952 students | 29.90 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 5,768 students | 33.30 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore,  TX  75662
- 291 students | 34.30 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 253 students | 37.70 Mi8731 Park Plaza Drive
Shreveport,  LA  71105
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.