Texas State Technical College-Marshall
- Texas State Technical College Marshall (TSTC) is a coeducational, two-year, public technical college within the Texas State Technical College System. The College offers programs of study leading to Technical Skills Mastery Certificates (TSMC), Certificates of Completion and Associate of Applied Science degrees. These educational programs include preparation for high demand, advanced, and emerging technology fields; developmental education; and general education courses in the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. The College provides a comprehensive teaching and learning environment with a constant focus on individual student achievement and skill enhancement. The College cultivates student-focused strategic partnerships with school districts, colleges, universities and employers and provides supportive transitions through articulated educational and professional pathways. TSTC offers certificates and associates degrees leading to exciting careers in advanced technical fields. While the TSTC curriculum is rigorous and demanding, success is within reach. TSTC faculty rely on recent, relevant industry experience to guide students through applied learning in small classes and labs. TSTC staff demonstrates their caring attitude with quick response to every customer need. At TSTC, students, businesses, and communities work together with faculty and staff to achieve success.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 32% over five years.
|Texas State Technical College-Marshall||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||858 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||367 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||491 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||202||264|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,579 students | 28.30 Mi1109 W Panola St
Carthage,  TX  75633
- 2,952 students | 29.90 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 5,768 students | 33.30 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore,  TX  75662
- 291 students | 34.30 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 253 students | 37.70 Mi8731 Park Plaza Drive
Shreveport,  LA  71105
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.