Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Shreveport Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Shreveport Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Small||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||37 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Technical Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Skills USA, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association (SGA)
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College provides technical and vocational education throughout Northwest Louisiana and is composed of three campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. Our college awards associates degrees, technical diplomas, and industry-based certificates in programs that are aligned with business and industry and local economies, which lead students to good paying middle class jobs. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Shreveport Campus is Southern University at Shreveport (6.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,932 students | 6.80 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport, LA 71107
(318) 670-6000 6.802,932
- 6,460 students | 7.60 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City, LA 71111
(318) 678-6000 7.606,460
- 301 students | 10.10 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71101
(318) 671-4000 10.10301
- 1,108 students | 30.00 Mi9500 Industrial Drive
Minden, LA 71055
(318) 371-3035 30.001,108
- 858 students | 33.60 Mi2650 E End Blvd, South
Marshall, TX 75672
(903) 935-1010 33.60858
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.