Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Shreveport Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Shreveport Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Small||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||26 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Technical Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Skills USA, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association (SGA)
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College provides technical and vocational education throughout Northwest Louisiana and is composed of three campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. Our college awards associates degrees, technical diplomas, and industry-based certificates in programs that are aligned with business and industry and local economies, which lead students to good paying middle class jobs. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Shreveport Campus is Career Technical College-Shreveport (5.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 303 students | 5.90 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport, LA 71105
(318) 629-2889 5.90303
- 2,651 students | 6.80 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport, LA 71107
(318) 670-6000 6.802,651
- 6,596 students | 7.60 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City, LA 71111
(318) 678-6000 7.606,596
- 61 students | 9.60 Mi702 Professional Dr N
Shreveport, LA 71105
(318) 798-3333 9.6061
- 301 students | 10.10 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71101
(318) 671-4000 10.10301
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?