South Louisiana Community College
- South Louisiana Community College seeks to cultivate a learning environment in which participants develop the qualities and skills necessary to engage actively in the economy, governance, and culture of South Louisiana and in the global arena. This function is fostered in a climate that focuses upon intellectual rigor, caring, and respect for the diverse cultures of the College community. South Louisiana Community College was created by act of the Louisiana Legislature in 1997 as a “comprehensive, multi-campus, public, two-year institution of higher education.” The legislation prescribes for the College both an academic and a vocational component and stipulates that programs offered by the College be developed “to assure the delivery of coordinated and articulated educational services in each parish comprising the primary service delivery area.” The primary service delivery area includes the parishes of Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, and Vermilion. To fulfill its mission, South Louisiana Community College provides general education courses and associate degree programs that transfer to other two-year schools and to baccalaureate programs at four-year schools, associate degrees in fields of study that prepare students for immediate employment, a developmental studies program that strengthens basic skills and prepares students for collegiate work, specialized career training and technical skill development that provide for fuller participation by area citizens in the work place and the economy.
- The teacher population of 170 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Louisiana Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||170 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,332 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,436 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,896 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
- The nearest community college to South Louisiana Community College is Blue Cliff College-Lafayette (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 307 students | 3.20 Mi120 James Comeaux Rd.
Lafayette,  LA  70508
(337) 269-0620 3.20307
- 340 students | 3.80 Mi303 Rue Louis XIV
Lafayette,  LA  70508
(337) 981-4010 3.80340
- 376 students | 14.60 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville,  LA  70582
(337) 394-6466 14.60376
- n/a students | 16.70 Mi609 Ember Dr
New Iberia,  LA  70560
(337) 373-0011 16.70n/a
- n/a students | 17.20 Mi1115 Clover St
Abbeville,  LA  70510