South Louisiana Community College- New Iberia Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|South Louisiana Community College- New Iberia Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Small||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||66%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Teche Area Campus is located on 39.1 acres of land at the Acadiana Regional Airport, New Iberia, Louisiana. The school was established by the 1950 Louisiana Legislature as Iberia Trades School. By an Act of the 1964 Legislature, the name was changed to Teche Area Vocational-Technical School. On February 22, 1990, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education approved the name Teche Area Technical Institute. In 1995, the Louisiana State Legislature officially changed the school's name to Louisiana Technical College, Teche Area Campus. In July 1998 Senate Bill 2, Act 151, placed Teche Area Campus under the University of Louisiana System Board of Trustees/Supervisors. In July 1999 Senate Bill 1, Act 170, placed Teche Area Campus under the Louisiana Community and Technical College Board of Supervisors. Teche Area Campus is proud of its modern facility which consists of a Main building, a Early Childhood Education Center, and an Electricity shop. All facilities have up-to-date equipment for student training and are well maintained. Louisiana Technical College, Teche Area Campus is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and is part of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System and The Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to South Louisiana Community College- New Iberia Campus is Louisiana Technical College-Evangeline Campus (6.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 376 students | 6.10 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville, LA 70582
(337) 394-6466 6.10376
- 368 students | 13.10 Mi303 Rue Louis XIV
Lafayette, LA 70508
(337) 981-4010 13.10368
- 583 students | 15.70 Mi1115 Clover St
Abbeville, LA 70510
- 6,092 students | 16.70 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 521-9000 16.706,092
- 259 students | 33.70 Mi1933 W Hutchinson Ave
Crowley, LA 70526
(337) 788-7521 33.70259
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?