Remington College-Lafayette Campus
- At every Remington College campus, we provide training with an emphasis on teaching the specific job-related skills that employers look for when they make hiring decisions.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Remington College-Lafayette Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||340 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||340 students||382 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,100||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Remington Colleges' programs are designed to be academically sound and relevant to the needs of both students and employers. Programs of study are developed only in areas that are expected to have high demand for skilled workers in the coming years. Remington College — Lafayette Campus offers Associate Degrees or Diplomas. Associate Degree Programs (AS — Associate of Science) in Business Information Systems, Computer Networking Technology, Electronics and Computer Technology and Criminal Justice. It offers Diploma Program in Medical Assisting and Medical Insurance & Coding. Remington College — Lafayette Campus is accredited by Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools(ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Remington College-Lafayette Campus is Blue Cliff College-Lafayette (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 307 students | 1.50 Mi120 James Comeaux Rd.
Lafayette,  LA  70508
- 6,332 students | 3.80 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
- 376 students | 11.80 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville,  LA  70582
- n/a students | 13.10 Mi609 Ember Dr
New Iberia,  LA  70560
- n/a students | 14.40 Mi1115 Clover St
Abbeville,  LA  70510
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.