Schenectady County Community College
Tel: (518) 381-1200
- The primary mission of Schenectady County Community College is to provide comprehensive higher education and adult education opportunities of the highest quality through academic, career-technical, professional, and personal enrichment programs in response to local educational needs and at low cost to students.
The teacher population of 156 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Schenectady County Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||156 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Schenectady County Community College, established in 1967, is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system. The College emphasizes high quality academic programs, broad access for students, and responsiveness to the needs of the community. SCCC offers a wide range of transfer degree, career degree and certificate programs. The College has committed, accessible teaching faculty and an attractive campus, located in Schenectady along the Mohawk River - in the heart of the New York State Capital District. Schenectady County Community College offers the following Transfer, Career, and Certificate programs. In striving to achieve its primary mission, the College affords students the opportunity to earn Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degrees in college parallel or career technology programs. The College also provides students with the opportunity to earn certificates in specialized career fields or personal development activities. SCCC operates as a comprehensive community college under the programs and standards of the State University of New York. Sponsored by Schenectady County, the College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Schenectady County Community College is Belanger School of Nursing (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 127 students | 1.90 Mi650 McClellan St
Schenectady,  NY  12304
(518) 243-4471 1.90127
- 500 students | 10.80 Mi1259 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12205
(518) 437-1802 10.80500
- 748 students | 12.40 Mi855 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12206
(518) 786-0855 12.40748
- 65 students | 12.50 Mi7 Harriman Campus Road
Albany,  NY  12206
(518) 438-7682 12.5065
- 837 students | 13.00 Mi700 New Scotland Avenue
Albany,  NY  12208
(518) 861-2517 13.00837
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.