Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus
- The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||748 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||603 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||145 students||538 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,100||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mrs. Augusta Mildred founded the school in 1917. Since then, the school has grown, became co-educational, added numerous fields to its course offerings, and became a degree-granting, accredited institution of higher education. In 1985, Faith Ann Takes became President of Mildred Elley School. Under her leadership, the school entered an era of change and growth. In ten years, the enrollment grew from thirty-seven to over five hundred students. In 1985, the school became co-educational. In 1989, an evening division was created and has grown to nearly the size of the day division. In 2002, a weekend division was added. Since January 1997, graduates have been able to earn the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. In 1998, Mildred Elley moved into its current location at 800 New Loudon Road in Latham. This modern 21,000 square-foot facility is conveniently located in Latham Circle Mall, close to major access roads in the Capital Region. Our programs offer the most advanced job training available because we know how crucial up-to-date employment skills are to your professional development. We offer Associate's Degree (A.O.S.) and Undergraduate Certificate in Game Design and 3D Animation, Digital Graphics and Multimedia Design, Massage Therapy Degree Program, Business Management Programs, Information Technology Programs, Medical Studies programs, Office Technologies Programs, Paralegal Studies Programs and Travel and Tourism Program. Mildred Elley is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas, certificates, and the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. This accreditation is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus is New School of Radio and Television (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 0.40 Mi7 Harriman Campus Road
Albany,  NY  12206
- 500 students | 1.60 Mi1259 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12205
- 837 students | 1.90 Mi700 New Scotland Avenue
Albany,  NY  12208
- 131 students | 2.10 Mi600 Northern Blvd
Albany,  NY  12204
- 11,640 students | 5.50 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.