- The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus serves 466 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 466 students
- Private-state tuition: $11,205
- Acceptance Rate: 89%
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 86%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 54 teachers has grown by 157% over five years.
Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 7:1 over five years.
The Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus diversity score of 0.96 is more than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has grown by 53% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $11,205 is less than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Mrs. Augusta Mildred founded the school in 1917. Since then, the school has grown, became co-educational, added numerous fields to its course offerings, and became a degree-granting, accredited institution of higher education. In 1985, Faith Ann Takes became President of Mildred Elley School. Under her leadership, the school entered an era of change and growth. In ten years, the enrollment grew from thirty-seven to over five hundred students. In 1985, the school became co-educational. In 1989, an evening division was created and has grown to nearly the size of the day division. In 2002, a weekend division was added. Since January 1997, graduates have been able to earn the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. In 1998, Mildred Elley moved into its current location at 800 New Loudon Road in Latham. This modern 21,000 square-foot facility is conveniently located in Latham Circle Mall, close to major access roads in the Capital Region. Our programs offer the most advanced job training available because we know how crucial up-to-date employment skills are to your professional development. We offer Associate's Degree (A.O.S.) and Undergraduate Certificate in Game Design and 3D Animation, Digital Graphics and Multimedia Design, Massage Therapy Degree Program, Business Management Programs, Information Technology Programs, Medical Studies programs, Office Technologies Programs, Paralegal Studies Programs and Travel and Tourism Program. Mildred Elley is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas, certificates, and the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. This accreditation is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus cost?
Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus's private state tuition is approximately $11,205.
What schools are Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus often compared to?
Mildred Elley School-Albany Campusis often viewed alongside schools like St. Peter's Hospital College of Nursing by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus?
The acceptance rate of Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus is 89%, which is higher than the state average of 75%.
What is Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus's ranking?
Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Diversity in US community colleges.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.