Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus
Tel: (518) 786-0855
- The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mrs. Augusta Mildred founded the school in 1917. Since then, the school has grown, became co-educational, added numerous fields to its course offerings, and became a degree-granting, accredited institution of higher education. In 1985, Faith Ann Takes became President of Mildred Elley School. Under her leadership, the school entered an era of change and growth. In ten years, the enrollment grew from thirty-seven to over five hundred students. In 1985, the school became co-educational. In 1989, an evening division was created and has grown to nearly the size of the day division. In 2002, a weekend division was added. Since January 1997, graduates have been able to earn the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. In 1998, Mildred Elley moved into its current location at 800 New Loudon Road in Latham. This modern 21,000 square-foot facility is conveniently located in Latham Circle Mall, close to major access roads in the Capital Region. Our programs offer the most advanced job training available because we know how crucial up-to-date employment skills are to your professional development. We offer Associate's Degree (A.O.S.) and Undergraduate Certificate in Game Design and 3D Animation, Digital Graphics and Multimedia Design, Massage Therapy Degree Program, Business Management Programs, Information Technology Programs, Medical Studies programs, Office Technologies Programs, Paralegal Studies Programs and Travel and Tourism Program. Mildred Elley is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas, certificates, and the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. This accreditation is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
The nearest community college to Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus is New School of Radio and Television (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 0.40 Mi7 Harriman Campus Road
Albany,  NY  12206
(518) 438-7682 0.4065
- 500 students | 1.60 Mi1259 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12205
(518) 437-1802 1.60500
- 837 students | 1.80 Mi700 New Scotland Avenue
Albany,  NY  12208
(518) 861-2517 1.80837
- 131 students | 2.10 Mi600 Northern Blvd
Albany,  NY  12204
(518) 471-3260 2.10131
- 11,640 students | 5.70 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
(518) 629-4822 5.7011,640
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!