Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus
- The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||748 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||603 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||145 students||538 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,100||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mrs. Augusta Mildred founded the school in 1917. Since then, the school has grown, became co-educational, added numerous fields to its course offerings, and became a degree-granting, accredited institution of higher education. In 1985, Faith Ann Takes became President of Mildred Elley School. Under her leadership, the school entered an era of change and growth. In ten years, the enrollment grew from thirty-seven to over five hundred students. In 1985, the school became co-educational. In 1989, an evening division was created and has grown to nearly the size of the day division. In 2002, a weekend division was added. Since January 1997, graduates have been able to earn the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. In 1998, Mildred Elley moved into its current location at 800 New Loudon Road in Latham. This modern 21,000 square-foot facility is conveniently located in Latham Circle Mall, close to major access roads in the Capital Region. Our programs offer the most advanced job training available because we know how crucial up-to-date employment skills are to your professional development. We offer Associate's Degree (A.O.S.) and Undergraduate Certificate in Game Design and 3D Animation, Digital Graphics and Multimedia Design, Massage Therapy Degree Program, Business Management Programs, Information Technology Programs, Medical Studies programs, Office Technologies Programs, Paralegal Studies Programs and Travel and Tourism Program. Mildred Elley is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas, certificates, and the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. This accreditation is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus is New School of Radio and Television (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 65 students | 0.40 Mi7 Harriman Campus Road
Albany,  NY  12206
- 500 students | 1.60 Mi1259 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12205
- 837 students | 1.90 Mi700 New Scotland Avenue
Albany,  NY  12208
- 131 students | 2.10 Mi600 Northern Blvd
Albany,  NY  12204
- 11,640 students | 5.50 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.