Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus
Tel: (518) 786-0855
- The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mrs. Augusta Mildred founded the school in 1917. Since then, the school has grown, became co-educational, added numerous fields to its course offerings, and became a degree-granting, accredited institution of higher education. In 1985, Faith Ann Takes became President of Mildred Elley School. Under her leadership, the school entered an era of change and growth. In ten years, the enrollment grew from thirty-seven to over five hundred students. In 1985, the school became co-educational. In 1989, an evening division was created and has grown to nearly the size of the day division. In 2002, a weekend division was added. Since January 1997, graduates have been able to earn the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. In 1998, Mildred Elley moved into its current location at 800 New Loudon Road in Latham. This modern 21,000 square-foot facility is conveniently located in Latham Circle Mall, close to major access roads in the Capital Region. Our programs offer the most advanced job training available because we know how crucial up-to-date employment skills are to your professional development. We offer Associate's Degree (A.O.S.) and Undergraduate Certificate in Game Design and 3D Animation, Digital Graphics and Multimedia Design, Massage Therapy Degree Program, Business Management Programs, Information Technology Programs, Medical Studies programs, Office Technologies Programs, Paralegal Studies Programs and Travel and Tourism Program. Mildred Elley is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas, certificates, and the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. This accreditation is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
The nearest community college to Mildred Elley School-Albany Campus is Bryant & Stratton College-Albany (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 419 students | 1.60 Mi1259 Central Ave
Albany, NY 12205
(866) 948-0571 1.60419
- 912 students | 1.80 Mi700 New Scotland Ave
Albany, NY 12208
(518) 438-3111 1.80912
- 114 students | 2.10 Mi600 Northern Blvd
Albany, NY 12204
(518) 471-3260 2.10114
- 10,896 students | 5.70 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy, NY 12180
(518) 629-4822 5.7010,896
- 130 students | 7.10 Mi1300 Massachusetts Avenue
Troy, NY 12065
(518) 268-5130 7.10130
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.