Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (270) 886-1302
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and diploma programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
Ross College-Hopkinsville ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Kentucky for:
The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ross College-Hopkinsville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||111 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||5|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville opened its doors in 1995 as RETS Medical & Business Institute, a branch of RETS Institute of Technology, Louisville, Kentucky. In 2003, the parent corporation of RETS Medical & Business Institute was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in November 2004, RETS Medical & Business Institute changes its name to Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville. The College's spacious facility offers a modern, professional environment for study, comprising six classrooms, a medical laboratory, an electronics laboratory, and three networked computer laboratories, as well as an academic resource center and bookstore. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. At Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville, we offer an array of career-oriented programs leading to an associate's degree or diploma. Programs offered at Hopkinsville includes Accounting, Accounting Technology, Business, Business Management, Computer Programming & Applications, Computer Software Applications, Computer Software Technology, Criminal Justice, Medical Assistant, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding and Billing for Healthcare, Medical Office Management, Paralegal and Paralegal Assistant. Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville is an accredited member of Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The nearest community college to Ross College-Hopkinsville is Hopkinsville Community College (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,748 students | 3.50 Mi720 North Dr.
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
(270) 707-3700 3.502,748
- 61 students | 15.20 Mi168 Jack Miller Blvd
Clarksville, TN 37042
(931) 431-9700 15.2061
- 719 students | 20.00 Mi2691 Trenton Road
Clarksville, TN 37040
(931) 552-7600 20.00719
- 404 students | 22.80 Mi1820 Business Park Dr
Clarksville, TN 37040
(931) 553-0071 22.80404
- 3,546 students | 36.70 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville, KY 42431
(270) 821-2250 36.703,546
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?