Hopkinsville Community College
- Our Mission is to provide quality two-year transfer programs, technical and semi-professional programs of two years or less, developmental and continuing education, and customized training services to local businesses and industries to improve the knowledge and skills of citizens and workers in the service area.
- The teacher population of 97 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hopkinsville Community College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||97 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,566 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,489 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,077 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,200||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- HCC offers area residents the opportunity to obtain a quality postsecondary education without leaving home – and at a highly competitive tuition rate. Thus, whether your interest lies in transferring to a four-year institution, immediate entry into the work place, personal development and enrichment, or upgrading your tech skills for a better future, your education begins here. The highly qualified faculty and staff of Hopkinsville Community College are dedicated to helping students of all ages and walks of life succeed in accomplishing their objectives. A strong student services program will support your educational pursuit through an easy registration process, effective counseling, and a variety of scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The college provides quality two-year transfer programs, technical and semi-professional programs of two years or less, developmental and continuing education, and customized training services to local businesses and industries to improve the knowledge and skills of citizens and workers in the service area. Classes are conveniently offered at locations throughout the region, including Hopkinsville, Fort Campbell, Cadiz, Elkton and Princeton. In fact, Hopkinsville Community College offers more than 400 classes on our campuses every term. And, for those simply too busy with the ever-increasing demands of family and work to come to our classes, HCC, in partnership with KYVU, offers hundreds of Internet classes as well.
- The nearest community college to Hopkinsville Community College is Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 222 students | 3.40 Mi4001 Fort Campbell Boulevard
Hopkinsville,  KY  42240
- 102 students | 18.70 Mi168 Jack Miller Blvd
Clarksville,  TN  37042
- 513 students | 24.30 Mi2691 Trenton Road
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 404 students | 24.30 Mi1820 Business Park Dr
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 4,433 students | 33.30 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.