Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is dedicated to serving the varied educational needs of our diverse populations in affordable, accessible and supportive settings.
- The teacher population of 102 teachers has declined by 35% over five years.
|Minnesota West Community and Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||102 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,182 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,153 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,029 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,400||$35,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college with five southwestern Minnesota campuses: Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, Pipestone, and Worthington. Minnesota West provides students with the opportunity to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate. Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a consolidated community/technical college formed on January 1, 1997 when Southwestern Technical College and Worthington Community College merged. The four technical campuses, Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, and Pipestone began as local area vocational schools in the 1960s. They officially merged to become Southwestern Technical College in 1985. The Granite Falls Campus of Minnesota West prides itself on a quality education with accessibility for many different types of students. Our campus meets the needs of the workforce and community by providing many online, technical, and liberal art courses. Whether a student wants to complete a few courses and transfer or earn a degree, the Granite Falls campus has variety of educational options. Minnesota West is a leader in the state and the upper Midwest in Renewable Energy and Computerized Manufacturing. Our safe, attractive and friendly city, set in the beautiful Minnesota River Valley, prides itself on a small town atmosphere, friendly residents, and scenic views. While in Granite Falls you will have the opportunity to experience fine shopping and excellent customer service in either our quaint downtown, located on the West bank of the Minnesota River or along Highway 212. Be sure to stop at the Kilowatt Community Center and Prairie's Edge Casino and Resort. Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, which consists of 34 state universities, community and technical colleges. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,753 students | 33.00 Mi2101 15th Ave NW
Willmar,  MN  56201
- 3,928 students | 74.20 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria,  MN  56308
- 1,654 students | 75.50 Mi1201 Arrow Avenue
Watertown,  SD  57201
- 218 students | 82.50 Mi1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park,  MN  56387
- 5,395 students | 83.30 Mi226 Park Avenue South
Saint Cloud,  MN  56301
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.