- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is dedicated to serving the varied educational needs of our diverse populations in affordable, accessible and supportive settings.
Minnesota West Community and Technical College serves 3,253 students (30% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the state community college average of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 31%.
- Enrollment: 3,253 students
- In-state tuition: $5,660
- Out-state tuition: $10,807
- Student:teacher ratio: 19:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 171 teachers has grown by 67% over five years.
Minnesota West Community and Technical College
(MN) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Minnesota West Community and Technical College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five years.
The Minnesota West Community and Technical College diversity score of 0.49 is less than the state average of 0.50. The school's diversity has grown by 5% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,660 is less than the state average of $6,223. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,807 is more than the state average of $6,839. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college with five southwestern Minnesota campuses: Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, Pipestone, and Worthington. Minnesota West provides students with the opportunity to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate. Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a consolidated community/technical college formed on January 1, 1997 when Southwestern Technical College and Worthington Community College merged. The four technical campuses, Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, and Pipestone began as local area vocational schools in the 1960s. They officially merged to become Southwestern Technical College in 1985. The Granite Falls Campus of Minnesota West prides itself on a quality education with accessibility for many different types of students. Our campus meets the needs of the workforce and community by providing many online, technical, and liberal art courses. Whether a student wants to complete a few courses and transfer or earn a degree, the Granite Falls campus has variety of educational options. Minnesota West is a leader in the state and the upper Midwest in Renewable Energy and Computerized Manufacturing. Our safe, attractive and friendly city, set in the beautiful Minnesota River Valley, prides itself on a small town atmosphere, friendly residents, and scenic views. While in Granite Falls you will have the opportunity to experience fine shopping and excellent customer service in either our quaint downtown, located on the West bank of the Minnesota River or along Highway 212. Be sure to stop at the Kilowatt Community Center and Prairie's Edge Casino and Resort. Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, which consists of 34 state universities, community and technical colleges. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Minnesota West Community and Technical College cost?
Minnesota West Community and Technical College's tuition is approximately $5,660 for In-State students and $10,807 for Out-State students.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.