Minnesota West Community and Technical College
Tel: (800) 658-2330
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is dedicated to serving the varied educational needs of our diverse populations in affordable, accessible and supportive settings.
The teacher population of 171 teachers has grown by 5% over five years.
|Minnesota West Community and Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||153 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college with five southwestern Minnesota campuses: Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, Pipestone, and Worthington. Minnesota West provides students with the opportunity to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate. Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a consolidated community/technical college formed on January 1, 1997 when Southwestern Technical College and Worthington Community College merged. The four technical campuses, Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, and Pipestone began as local area vocational schools in the 1960s. They officially merged to become Southwestern Technical College in 1985. The Granite Falls Campus of Minnesota West prides itself on a quality education with accessibility for many different types of students. Our campus meets the needs of the workforce and community by providing many online, technical, and liberal art courses. Whether a student wants to complete a few courses and transfer or earn a degree, the Granite Falls campus has variety of educational options. Minnesota West is a leader in the state and the upper Midwest in Renewable Energy and Computerized Manufacturing. Our safe, attractive and friendly city, set in the beautiful Minnesota River Valley, prides itself on a small town atmosphere, friendly residents, and scenic views. While in Granite Falls you will have the opportunity to experience fine shopping and excellent customer service in either our quaint downtown, located on the West bank of the Minnesota River or along Highway 212. Be sure to stop at the Kilowatt Community Center and Prairie's Edge Casino and Resort. Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, which consists of 34 state universities, community and technical colleges. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The nearest community college to Minnesota West Community and Technical College is Ridgewater College (33.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,255 students | 33.20 Mi2101 15th Ave NW
Willmar, MN 56201
(800) 722-1151 33.203,255
- 3,640 students | 74.20 Mi1601 Jefferson Streeet
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 762-0221 74.203,640
- 2,228 students | 75.30 Mi1201 Arrow Avenue
Watertown, SD 57201
(605) 882-5284 75.302,228
- 3,971 students | 83.50 Mi226 Park Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301
(320) 251-5600 83.503,971
- 4,134 students | 86.10 Mi1540 Northway Drive
Saint Cloud, MN 56303
(320) 308-5000 86.104,134
With the change in energy production trends, sustainable energy technology careers are in high demand, and you can start your training for a highly-demanded career right at your local community college.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.
If mixing your creativity with beautiful glass sounds inspiring, consider starting your hobby or career in glass blowing at community college.