Anoka Technical College
Anoka Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Anoka Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,165 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,035 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,130 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,800||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Anoka Technical College has nearly 30 certificate, diploma, and Associate of Applied Science degree career majors in eight Centers of Excellence: Business and Office, Design and Manufacturing, Electrical and Electronics, Golf/Horticulture, Health, Information Technology, Services and Transportation. We also offer a complete line of customized courses for business and industry ï¿½ through our Customized Training Services division. These courses can be tailored to meet the needs of individuals or specific businesses and industries. Each year around 4,000 students of all ages are enrolled in credit course offerings at ATC's three campuses in Anoka County - a northwest metro area intersected by the Mississippi and Rum Rivers and only 30 minutes from downtown Minneapolis. About 90 percent commute daily, while others find temporary housing in Anoka area apartments and private homes.
- The nearest community college to Anoka Technical College is Anoka-Ramsey Community College (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,877 students | 4.50 Mi11200 Mississippi Blvd. NW
Minneapolis,  MN  55433
- 7,384 students | 8.00 Mi7411 85th Ave N
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 7,409 students | 8.30 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 236 students | 10.00 Mi11500 193rd Ave NW
Elk River,  MN  55330
- 328 students | 11.40 Mi5700 West Broadway
Minneapolis,  MN  55428
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.