Randolph Community College
- Randolph Community College is a public, comprehensive community college. As a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System, Randolph Community College’s mission is to provide comprehensive education, training, and services to adults consistent with the identified needs of students and the community.
- The teacher population of 141 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Randolph Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||141 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,771 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,036 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,735 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,500||$27,500|
- Randolph Community College began operation in 1962 as a joint city-county industrial education center under the direction of the Trades and Industrial Division, Department of Vocational Education. The North Carolina legislature in 1963 established a separate system of community colleges and the College became part of that system. Over the years, the College has operated under four names: 1962-1965, Randolph Industrial Education Center (RIEC); 1965-1979, Randolph Technical Institute (RTI); 1979-1988, Randolph Technical College (RTC); 1988-present, Randolph Community College (RCC). The Asheboro Campus includes nine major buildings. The original building, constructed in 1962 is now known as the Administration/Education Center. In addition to a centralized administrative service, this building contains many classrooms, labs and shops, as well as a 30,000-square-foot photography studio and Joblink. The J. W. "Willie" Plummer Vocational/Technical Center containing approximately 30,000 square feet, provides an automotive body shop, a building trades shop, electrical/electronics labs and houses the Hosiery Technology Center. A Student Services Center of 18,000 square feet houses a student lounge, Food Service, and office facilities for Student Services. A new 3,700-square-foot Campus Store sits adjacent to the Student Services Center connected by a covered walkway. The R. Alton Cox Learning Resources Center is a 27,000-square-foot facility which includes, among other things, the College library. Randolph Community College will become a college of first choice for people seeking opportunities through postsecondary education. Both credit and noncredit classes are offered at Randolph Community College, which is situated near the geographic center of North Carolina, adjacent to the ancient mountains in the area known as the Uwharries. RCC currently offers over 28 different credit programs. Noncredit programs include a state-approved Adult High School Diploma program, a General Educational Development program, a variety of preparatory level programs and other continuing education courses. The College is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges. Randolph Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Randolph Community College is authorized by the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges to award the Associate in Applied Science degree and the Associate in Arts degree.
- The nearest community college to Randolph Community College is Davidson County Community College (20.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,102 students | 20.60 Mi297 Davidson Community College Rd
Thomasville,  NC  27360
(336) 249-8186 20.604,102
- 863 students | 21.20 Mi1011 Page St
Troy,  NC  27371
(910) 576-6222 21.20863
- 12,430 students | 23.00 Mi601 High Point Rd.
Jamestown,  NC  27282
(336) 334-4822 23.0012,430
- 2,745 students | 32.50 Mi141 College Drive
Albemarle,  NC  28001
(704) 982-0121 32.502,745
- 7,062 students | 36.70 Mi1333 Jake Alexander Blvd
Salisbury,  NC  28146
(704) 216-7222 36.707,062