Stanly Community College
- Stanly Community College offers a learning-centered environment that fosters partnerships, enables life-long learning, and contributes to the economic growth of the community. The college has a continuing concern for the welfare of each student. We assist students in developing their abilities and talents by creating an environment of diversity and mutual respect that promotes excellence and a free exchange of ideas.
- Enrollment: 2,432 students
- In-state tuition: $2,523
- Out-state tuition: $8,667
- Acceptance Rate: 76%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 37%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Stanly Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Stanly Community College was chartered in July 1971 and officially opened in December of that year in temporary headquarters that were previously occupied by South Albemarle High School. A faculty of eight taught classes in Auto Mechanics, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Secretarial Science, Industrial Management, Brick Masonry, and Business. In five months the school grew from 31 students to almost 400. Stanly Community College's Albemarle campus is located on 140 acres of land on Highway 24/27 two miles west of downtown Albemarle. The Albemarle campus consists of the Patterson Building, Kelley Building, Eddins Building, Snyder Building, Whitley Technology Center, Webb Student Center, and Corporate and Professional Education Center. Fifteen miles west of Stanly Community College's Albemarle campus on Highway 24/27 in Locust, North Carolina, lies the new Crutchfield Education Center. The 30,000-square-foot state-of the-art building includes two computer labs, sixteen classrooms, a community room, and a Student Resource Center. SCC has offered over those 32 plus years a good quality low-cost education close to home for thousands of students. During our history, over 5,000 students have been awarded degrees, diplomas, and certificates in a number of fields. Today we offer associate degrees in 22 fields along with 35 certificate and 17 diplomas in these and other fields. credit courses during both day and evening sessions allows working students the opportunity to select curriculum courses applicable to an associate degree, a diploma, or a certificate. The college awarded the Associate in Arts degree, the Associate in Science degree, or the Associate in Applied Science degree. Noncredit courses, which are offered primarily for personal and community improvement, are also offered during day, evening, and weekend sessions. Stanly Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Stanly Community College cost?
Stanly Community College's tuition is approximately $2,523 for In-State students and $8,667 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Stanly Community College?
The acceptance rate of Stanly Community College is 76%, which is higher than the state average of 66%.
What is Stanly Community College's ranking?
Stanly Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).