Stanly Community College
- Stanly Community College offers a learning-centered environment that fosters partnerships, enables life-long learning, and contributes to the economic growth of the community. The college has a continuing concern for the welfare of each student. We assist students in developing their abilities and talents by creating an environment of diversity and mutual respect that promotes excellence and a free exchange of ideas.
Stanly Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 145 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Stanly Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||145 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,745 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,067 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,678 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,300||$27,500|
- Stanly Community College was chartered in July 1971 and officially opened in December of that year in temporary headquarters that were previously occupied by South Albemarle High School. A faculty of eight taught classes in Auto Mechanics, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Secretarial Science, Industrial Management, Brick Masonry, and Business. In five months the school grew from 31 students to almost 400. Stanly Community College's Albemarle campus is located on 140 acres of land on Highway 24/27 two miles west of downtown Albemarle. The Albemarle campus consists of the Patterson Building, Kelley Building, Eddins Building, Snyder Building, Whitley Technology Center, Webb Student Center, and Corporate and Professional Education Center. Fifteen miles west of Stanly Community College's Albemarle campus on Highway 24/27 in Locust, North Carolina, lies the new Crutchfield Education Center. The 30,000-square-foot state-of the-art building includes two computer labs, sixteen classrooms, a community room, and a Student Resource Center. SCC has offered over those 32 plus years a good quality low-cost education close to home for thousands of students. During our history, over 5,000 students have been awarded degrees, diplomas, and certificates in a number of fields. Today we offer associate degrees in 22 fields along with 35 certificate and 17 diplomas in these and other fields. credit courses during both day and evening sessions allows working students the opportunity to select curriculum courses applicable to an associate degree, a diploma, or a certificate. The college awarded the Associate in Arts degree, the Associate in Science degree, or the Associate in Applied Science degree. Noncredit courses, which are offered primarily for personal and community improvement, are also offered during day, evening, and weekend sessions. Stanly Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Stanly Community College is Montgomery Community College (20.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 863 students | 20.60 Mi1011 Page St
Troy,  NC  27371
- 448 students | 21.80 Mi401 Medical Park Drive
Concord,  NC  28025
- 2,658 students | 24.80 Mi680 Highway 74 West
Polkton,  NC  28135
- 7,062 students | 25.00 Mi1333 Jake Alexander Blvd
Salisbury,  NC  28146
- 2,771 students | 32.50 Mi629 Industrial Pk Ave
Asheboro,  NC  27205