Guilford Technical Community College
- Guilford Technical Community College provides access to lifelong learning opportunities for personal growth, workforce productivity, and community service. We serve all the diverse segments of Guilford County's population, delivering quality educational programs and services, through partnerships with business, community groups, and other educational institutions.
- The teacher population of 341 teachers has declined by 41% over five years.
|Guilford Technical Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||341 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,430 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,783 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,647 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,500||$27,500|
- GTCC is an accredited two-year community college. It opened in 1958 with 50 students and two classes as the Guilford Industrial Education Center on the site of the Guilford County Tuberculosis Sanatorium, which operated from 1924 to 1955. Guilford Industrial Education Center's Board of Trustees was established on September 3, 1963. In 1965, when the school became Guilford Technical Institute (GTI), four members were added to the Board of Trustees. That same year, GTI was given authority to grant associate degrees. Campus locations can be found in Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, the Aviation Center at the Piedmont Triad International Airport, and the Small Business Center. GTCC offers certificates, one-year and two-year career-related programs, a two-year college transfer program, personal enrichment courses, a variety of adult education opportunities and training for business and industry. GTCC has given students a great start. Its affordable tuition, small class sizes, highly qualified faculty, personal attention, great job placement rate, convenient class times and locations, beautiful campuses, and wide variety of student services, combine to make the Guilford Tech experience one that works for students. Guilford Technical Community College is also accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees.
- The nearest community college to Guilford Technical Community College is Davidson County Community College (17.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,102 students | 17.30 Mi297 Davidson Community College Rd
Thomasville,  NC  27360
- 9,148 students | 20.30 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston Salem,  NC  27103
- 2,771 students | 23.00 Mi629 Industrial Pk Ave
Asheboro,  NC  27205
- 1,597 students | 27.60 MiHwy 65w County Home Rd
Wentworth,  NC  27375
- 4,437 students | 31.60 Mi1247 Jimmie Kerr Road
Graham,  NC  27253