Guilford Technical Community College
- Guilford Technical Community College provides access to lifelong learning opportunities for personal growth, workforce productivity, and community service. We serve all the diverse segments of Guilford County's population, delivering quality educational programs and services, through partnerships with business, community groups, and other educational institutions.
- Enrollment: 10,821 students
- In-state tuition: $2,489
- Out-state tuition: $8,633
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 54%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Guilford Technical Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- GTCC is an accredited two-year community college. It opened in 1958 with 50 students and two classes as the Guilford Industrial Education Center on the site of the Guilford County Tuberculosis Sanatorium, which operated from 1924 to 1955. Guilford Industrial Education Center's Board of Trustees was established on September 3, 1963. In 1965, when the school became Guilford Technical Institute (GTI), four members were added to the Board of Trustees. That same year, GTI was given authority to grant associate degrees. Campus locations can be found in Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, the Aviation Center at the Piedmont Triad International Airport, and the Small Business Center. GTCC offers certificates, one-year and two-year career-related programs, a two-year college transfer program, personal enrichment courses, a variety of adult education opportunities and training for business and industry. GTCC has given students a great start. Its affordable tuition, small class sizes, highly qualified faculty, personal attention, great job placement rate, convenient class times and locations, beautiful campuses, and wide variety of student services, combine to make the Guilford Tech experience one that works for students. Guilford Technical Community College is also accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Guilford Technical Community College cost?
Guilford Technical Community College's tuition is approximately $2,489 for In-State students and $8,633 for Out-State students.
What is Guilford Technical Community College's ranking?
Guilford Technical Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Diversity in US community colleges, Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).