Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics
- PIA, a premiere school of aviation maintenance, aviation electronics, and electronic systems training, was established in 1929. PIA’s goal has been to provide its learners with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that they need in order to succeed in their chosen career fields.
- Enrollment: 567 students
- Private-state tuition: $19,125
- Acceptance Rate: 94%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In 1995 PIA expanded its training to meet other needs in the transportation industry with the addition of its Truck Driving Program. As skilled commercial drivers are always in demand, this course of study provides a much-needed training program in several locations in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. In 2003 PIA again expanded its course offerings to include Heavy Equipment Operation, Corporate Training, and Computer Based Training for youth and adults. Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics is located eight miles south and east of the city of Pittsburgh with its campus buildings on Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA. PIA's airport location provides an ideal atmosphere for aviation training and access to the airport runways so that the airplanes that are worked on in PIA's shops can fly to the school's facilities. The total area of school facilities is more than 120,000 square feet. In addition to classrooms and laboratory areas, the campus houses a bookstore, libraries, and printing department. Programs Offered includes Aviation Maintanence Technology (AMT), Aviation Electronics Technology (AET), Electronics Systems Technology (EST), Mechanical Systems Technology (MST), Commercial Drivers License Training (CDL), Heavy Equipment Operator (HEQ) and Rotorcraft Systems & Maintenance (RSM). The institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics cost?
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics's private state tuition is approximately $19,125.
What is the acceptance rate of Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics?
The acceptance rate of Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics is 94%, which is higher than the state average of 79%.
What is Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics's ranking?
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).