Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics
- PIA, a premiere school of aviation maintenance, aviation electronics, and electronic systems training, was established in 1929. PIA’s goal has been to provide its learners with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that they need in order to succeed in their chosen career fields.
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||382 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||382 students||372 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$56,800||$34,800|
- In 1995 PIA expanded its training to meet other needs in the transportation industry with the addition of its Truck Driving Program. As skilled commercial drivers are always in demand, this course of study provides a much-needed training program in several locations in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. In 2003 PIA again expanded its course offerings to include Heavy Equipment Operation, Corporate Training, and Computer Based Training for youth and adults. Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics is located eight miles south and east of the city of Pittsburgh with its campus buildings on Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA. PIA's airport location provides an ideal atmosphere for aviation training and access to the airport runways so that the airplanes that are worked on in PIA's shops can fly to the school's facilities. The total area of school facilities is more than 120,000 square feet. In addition to classrooms and laboratory areas, the campus houses a bookstore, libraries, and printing department. Programs Offered includes Aviation Maintanence Technology (AMT), Aviation Electronics Technology (AET), Electronics Systems Technology (EST), Mechanical Systems Technology (MST), Commercial Drivers License Training (CDL), Heavy Equipment Operator (HEQ) and Rotorcraft Systems & Maintenance (RSM). The institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics is Dean Institute of Technology (6.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 166 students | 6.20 Mi1501 W Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15226
- 413 students | 7.00 Mi125 West Station Square Drive, Suite 129
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- 114 students | 7.30 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- 526 students | 7.40 Mi100 Forbes Ave, Suite 1200
Pittsburgh,  PA  15222
- 217 students | 7.50 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206