Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto
- Penn State Mont Alto provides the best of two worlds. We are an intimate, nurturing college campus with access to the resources and benefits provided by a Big Ten university. We are Penn State, and because of that, we can provide students with access to leading faculty, a variety of majors and degree options, 24 campuses across the commonwealth, sports, concerts, and cultural events, one of the largest alumni associations in the nation, and most importantly, a Penn State degree. We are also Mont Alto, an intimate, nurturing college campus that allows students to have individual access to their professors, a student success center with tutors and resources to help you succeed, the opportunity to join and lead student clubs and organizations during your first year in college, the chance to extend your athletic career by participating in varsity sports on campus, and much more. Penn State Mont Alto can provide you access to a Big Ten university on a campus that is quaint and comfortable. In the end, you'll be exposed to so many choices and experiences, and you'll earn a Penn State degree, which ultimately provides access to exciting and challenging career opportunities. There's so much to love about Penn State.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||72 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||940 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||679 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||261 students||246 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||438||300|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto is Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus (15.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 911 students | 15.00 Mi18618 Crestwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 4,256 students | 16.00 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 1,699 students | 16.90 Mi731 Old Harrisburg Rd
Gettysburg,  PA  17325
- 6,031 students | 27.80 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick,  MD  21702
- 140 students | 33.10 Mi287 Aikens Ctr Edwin Miller Blvd
Martinsburg,  WV  25404
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.