- Penn State Mont Alto provides the best of two worlds. We are an intimate, nurturing college campus with access to the resources and benefits provided by a Big Ten university. We are Penn State, and because of that, we can provide students with access to leading faculty, a variety of majors and degree options, 24 campuses across the commonwealth, sports, concerts, and cultural events, one of the largest alumni associations in the nation, and most importantly, a Penn State degree. We are also Mont Alto, an intimate, nurturing college campus that allows students to have individual access to their professors, a student success center with tutors and resources to help you succeed, the opportunity to join and lead student clubs and organizations during your first year in college, the chance to extend your athletic career by participating in varsity sports on campus, and much more. Penn State Mont Alto can provide you access to a Big Ten university on a campus that is quaint and comfortable. In the end, you'll be exposed to so many choices and experiences, and you'll earn a Penn State degree, which ultimately provides access to exciting and challenging career opportunities. There's so much to love about Penn State.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto serves 830 students (71% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 39%.
- Enrollment: 830 students
- In-state tuition: $13,648
- Out-state tuition: $20,334
- Acceptance Rate: 76%
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
The teacher population of 72 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto
(PA) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto has declined by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has grown by 42% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $13,648 is more than the state average of $9,730. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $20,334 is more than the state average of $13,992. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto cost?
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto's tuition is approximately $13,648 for In-State students and $20,334 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto?
The acceptance rate of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto is 76%, which is lower than the state average of 85%.
What is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto's ranking?
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.