Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto
Tel: (717) 749-6000
- Penn State Mont Alto provides the best of two worlds. We are an intimate, nurturing college campus with access to the resources and benefits provided by a Big Ten university. We are Penn State, and because of that, we can provide students with access to leading faculty, a variety of majors and degree options, 24 campuses across the commonwealth, sports, concerts, and cultural events, one of the largest alumni associations in the nation, and most importantly, a Penn State degree. We are also Mont Alto, an intimate, nurturing college campus that allows students to have individual access to their professors, a student success center with tutors and resources to help you succeed, the opportunity to join and lead student clubs and organizations during your first year in college, the chance to extend your athletic career by participating in varsity sports on campus, and much more. Penn State Mont Alto can provide you access to a Big Ten university on a campus that is quaint and comfortable. In the end, you'll be exposed to so many choices and experiences, and you'll earn a Penn State degree, which ultimately provides access to exciting and challenging career opportunities. There's so much to love about Penn State.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 72 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||72 staff||25 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto is Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus (14.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 911 students | 14.90 Mi18618 Crestwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
(301) 766-3600 14.90911
- 4,256 students | 15.80 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
(240) 500-2000 15.804,256
- 1,699 students | 17.00 Mi731 Old Harrisburg Rd
Gettysburg,  PA  17325
(717) 337-3855 17.001,699
- 6,031 students | 27.70 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick,  MD  21702
(301) 846-2400 27.706,031
- 140 students | 32.90 Mi287 Aikens Ctr Edwin Miller Blvd
Martinsburg,  WV  25404
(304) 263-0979 32.90140
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.