Hagerstown Community College
- HCC offers a diverse array of courses and programs designed to address the curricular functions of university transfer, career entry or advancement, adult basic skills enhancement, general and continuing education, as well as student and community service.
- The teacher population of 152 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hagerstown Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||152 staff||164 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,256 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,372 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,884 students||3,341 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$37,700|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1946, HCC was the first community college to open its doors in the state of Maryland. The College has grown to a current credit enrollment of more than 4,000 students and a non-credit enrollment of more than 9,000.HCC offers more than 100 programs of study for transfer to a four-year institution or for immediate career preparation. Degrees awarded are Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science. One-year certificates are also awarded. The College has an extensive non-credit program providing lifelong learning opportunities and professional training. With an 18 to 1 student-faculty ratio, HCC is small enough for professors to get to know students and work with them to provide the extra attention that is all too often missing in larger institutions. Many of the professors have worked outside the classroom in their fields of expertise and bring valuable life experiences to the learning environment.The College is located at 11400 Robinwood Drive, just southeast of Hagerstown on a 319-acre campus. The College has 10 buildings including the Administration and Student Affairs Building which offers students a central location to register for classes, apply for financial aid, pay their tuition, meet with academic advisors and request transcripts. The Learning Resource Center houses more than 350 computers, smart classrooms, distance learning facilities, television and radio production studios, and the William M. Brish Library. The Advanced Technology Center and Technical Innovation Center provide sophisticated assistance and teaching in emerging technologies. The Athletic Recreation and Community Center (ARCC) has a wellness center, indoor track, and several basketball courts. The Kepler Theater and Alumni Association Amphitheater allow for a variety of arts performances year round. The Student Center houses the student bookstore, career center, student activities office, Student Government Association office, and The Hilltop Grill. The Science Building and Classroom Building are home to classrooms, laboratories and faculty offices. The Career Programs Building houses classrooms for career programs, including nursing, paramedic services, practical nursing, radiography, and industrial technology labs. It is also home to The Valley Eatery. The College also operates a full-service business training center at the Hagerstown Valley Mall.We have over 60 years of experience in educating learners like you in such diverse fields as arts and sciences, computer studies, business, technology, and health occupations. We also have a well earned reputation in providing courses for those seeking the best career enhancement training and other forms of enrichment through continuing education. In addition, we welcome those who visit our campus for community, athletic, and performing arts events.The College is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Hagerstown Community College is Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 911 students | 4.20 Mi18618 Crestwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 940 students | 16.00 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto,  PA  17237
- 6,031 students | 18.40 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick,  MD  21702
- 140 students | 18.50 Mi287 Aikens Ctr Edwin Miller Blvd
Martinsburg,  WV  25404
- 5,528 students | 20.10 Mi13650 Apple Harvest Drive
Martinsburg,  WV  25403
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.