Frederick Community College
- Founded in 1957, Frederick Community College (FCC) is a comprehensive, public, two-year, degree-granting institution that serves the citizens of Frederick County, Maryland. The College has a distinctive character of responsibility and a culture of service. These manifest themselves in the Collegeï¿½s many contributions to its community, which views it as an invaluable resource for educational and personal betterment.
- The teacher population of 283 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Frederick Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||283 staff||164 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,031 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,061 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,970 students||3,341 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,200||$37,700|
- Frederick Community College was founded in 1957, offering evening classes to 77 students in borrowed quarters at Frederick High School. Soon after, classes were moved to a separate facility on North Market Street, in downtown Frederick. The College occupied its present 100-acre campus in 1970, on the outskirts of the city. There are ten buildings on campus and several satellite locations. The College provides transfer, career, continuing education, and customized training programs to over 16,000 students annually. It subscribes to an open door admissions policy. FCC's character as a Learning College is represented by its Vision Statement, ï¿½Student Learning First.ï¿½ Frederick Community College awards associate in arts, associate of arts in teaching, associate in applied science, and associate in science degrees, as well as certificates and letters of recognition, in more than 50 fields of study. In the Fall 2003 semester, the College's FTE enrollment was 1,330. Over the past five years, FTE enrollment has increased 20% and full-time enrollment has increased 31%. Fifty-eight percent of students are in transfer programs. Located in the foothills of Maryland's Catoctin Mountains, FCC's beautiful campus continues to grow. At present it encompasses an Arts & Student Center that includes a cafeteria, art gallery, bookstore, music and art classrooms, and a 400-seat theater; a Library Building with language, video, and allied health laboratories; the Field House, gymnasium, and playing fields; three classroom buildings with faculty offices and administrative space in addition to science, mathematics, and computer laboratories; a lecture hall; a new Conference Center; and a Children's Center. At the present time, planning is underway for a new building to house an expanded student center, classroom, and office space.
- The nearest community college to Frederick Community College is Hagerstown Community College (18.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,256 students | 18.40 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 911 students | 22.60 Mi18618 Crestwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 3,645 students | 23.00 Mi1601 Washington Rd
Westminster,  MD  21157
- 940 students | 27.80 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto,  PA  17237
- 25,517 students | 28.00 Mi51 Mannakee Street
Rockville,  MD  20850